Chapter 31

~ V A C A T I O N ~

Clarke's POV

I woke up at 2am to get ready for our flight. I took off my pyjamas and dressed up comfortably. Grey sweatpants and a white hoodie, because it's always cold in an airport. I checked up my suitcase and Pipers one last time to make sure we had everything we needed. I brushed my teeth, while Piper was still sleeping. I heard a knock on my door, so I quietly walked to the door, making sure not to wake Piper. I opened the door and Bellamy stood there, a big sleepy smile. He was still in his pyjamas and his curls were messy on his head. I smiled at him, while he scratched the back of his head. I stepped out of my bedroom and closed the door carefully, before finally speaking out.

"Hey, what are you doing? It's 2:39, we're leaving soon, you aren't ready!" I whispered, shaking my head. He just laughed.

"It's not fair! Why can't I just go to the airport in my pyjamas? Piper does it!" He pouted like a child. I rolled my eyes and raised both my eyebrows at his behavior.

"You can do whatever the hell you want." I happily said. We were standing in the hallway, outside of my bedroom but nobody was in sight. So I quickly leaned in for a quick peck on the lips. I pulled back quickly and smiled at him. He stayed silent but smiled, staring in my eyes deeply.

"Go get ready, we leave soon! I'll see ya." I finally spoke, breaking the very comfortable silence between us. I turned around and I was about to turn the door handle, but I felt a hand gripping at my wrist and twisting me around. He then pushed me, my back hitting the door aggressively. His lips crashed into mine before I could even understand properly what was going on. His hands were at the sides of my faces, holding my chin gently. As much as I wanted this kiss to last for hours, I pulled away. We were still in the hallway of our house. Everyone was awake and Piper was right on the other side of the door.

"Ow, Bell, door handle." I winced. He took a step back and grabbed my waist and pulled me to his chest, away from the long forgotten door handle. He hugged me tightly, his hands never leaving my waist.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again, I promise." He whispered, nervously. He thought he hurt me, now he felt bad. He knew what I had been through in the past, he knew I was abused, physically, mentally and sexually. He didn't want to make me feel this way, and he wasn't . It wasn't his fault the damn door handle was in the way. He was so sweet.

"Hey, it's fine Bell. I love you." I whispered back in his ears. He seemed to loosen up and get instantly less tense.

"I love you too." He said before letting go of my waist. I turned around and saw someone on the end of the hallway. I was almost tripped by surprise but I realized it was just Octavia. We couldn't keep doing this like that. We had to be more careful, but I guess when we were together, nothing else really mattered.

I sighed out of relief and I heard Bellamy did the same before I went back in my bedroom to finish getting ready for the airport.

__________

The flight went super great. It wasn't a long flight and Piper slept most of the time. She had woken up at the airport and I had fed her. She sat on my thighs the whole flight, because she was too young to have her own seat. Octavia was sitting next to me. I tried to sleep through the flight, like Octavia succeeded to do but I wasn't as lucky. I listened to my music, my AirPods in my ears the whole time. I sometimes fell asleep for a small amount of time but would instantly wake up at any sudden sound. Bellamy was sitting next to Octavia. While my mom, Marcus and an old lady were sitting in front of us. It was a 5 hour flight and we landed a bit late, caused by some inconveniences. We got out of the airport as quickly as we could and a taxi took us to the house we rented. The parents wanted to enjoy the surroundings of our emplacement. So they went out to take a walk and find a restaurant to eat at. I was exhausted, I needed to sleep so I stayed, the Blake's siblings stayed as well. They claimed it was to help take care of Piper, but I knew Bell wanted to have some alone time with me and Octavia didn't want to go take a walk with the parents. They were both terrible at lying, it was funny seeing them convincing the parents. I just sat and watched, rolled my eyes and sometimes let out a small silent laugh as they literally invented every possible excuse not to go out. As soon as the parents left, I reached Octavia and I's bedroom to take a very well deserved nap while Auntie O was taking care of Piper.

Bellamy's POV

Clarke has gone off to sleep as soon as the parents stepped out of the door. I decided to let her rest, I didn't want to disturb her. She deserved and needed to sleep. So I stayed out with Octavia while she took care of Piper and I made Pasta with the very little supplies we had from the grocery store down the street. The house they rented was pretty. It was small, but very well decorated. We had a pool and a backyard that led to the beach. What more could we ask for? But as I'm cooking the pastas in the boiling water, Octavia entered the kitchen, Piper sitting on her left hip. I smiled at both of them and Octavia smiled back, a small worried smile. I instantly understood something was wrong.

"O, what's wrong?" I asked her. She sat Piper in her baby's chair and sighed loudly before sitting on the stool in front of me. She looked in my eyes. It made me wonder what happened. This wasn't a usual comportement for my little sister.

"I just-, please don't take it the wrong way. But, what is it with Clarke? Is this relationship serious?" She asked, clearly worrying. It made me a little angry that she was suspicious of my relationship with Clarke, whom I was sure was the love of my life. But I kept my anger and let out a calm answer.

"Yes, O what do you mean by that?" I asked as calmly as I could. She closed her eyes shut and reopened them after thinking for a few seconds.

"I'm not perfect, but Clarke. Clarke's family, don't you think it's a little weird that you guys are dating?" She asked like she didn't just say what she just said. I raise my eyebrows, trying to contain my inevitable anger. I was starting to lose my calm.

"O, Clarke and I are serious. I love her, she's my girlfriend. We ARE happy." I replied, my voice getting low and deep as a warning. She had to choose her next words carefully or I would lose my shit. By the looks of it, she knew that too.

"It's just, it's weird. You guys being together. I love you both and I'll support you no matter what. But I feel like this is wrong." My little sister calmly replied, her gaze not leaving my now very obvious angry eyes.

"Wrong? Being happy is wrong for you Octavia? Did we fucking choose to fall in love with each other huh? Do you think we don't know how this looks! Clarke is good for me and you know that!" I nearly shouted at my sister. Piper was far too occupied with her toys to hear our fight. She seemed to grow mad too. Octavia was not really patient in life, and I knew I was playing with her nerves. But she was as well.

"That is NOT what I said! Just think about our family! How this could impact our whole life Bellamy! Is this what you want for us, for Clarke?" She nearly shouted back.

"So as long as Octavia's happy it's all good. I had to let you go out with a guy 4 years older than you because you told me he was making you happy. And when I finally find myself, happiness, you want to rip it away from me?! So you deserve to be happy but I don't, Clarke doesn't? I always took care of you, protected you and that's how you thank me?! And I thought I could count on my sister, to love me no matter what, always support me. What a joke!" I shouted for real this time. The pastas I forgot about, were now way overcooked. Water and bubbles were dripping out of the pot and burning at the contact of the hot surface. A little amount of smoke was rising up to the top of the oven fan.

"Bell," Octavia started, this time her voice was sweet. I knew she felt bad, but I had enough. I was mad, and I didn't want to talk to her. I took the pot off the fire and threw it in the sink.

"Make your own damn food." I said coldly before leaving the kitchen to go find Clarke. Luckily, our shouts didn't wake her, so I hopped in the bed, under the cover with her. I kept her body close to mine as I thought back to everything Octavia had said. Maybe it was better if we weren't together. Maybe this was all too complicated. But, Clarke's sleeping body between my arms, forced me not to give up on her, on us. I was gonna do everything I could to live my life with her till my very last breath. Cause I loved her.