Chapter 38

~ E P I L O G U E ~

10 years later...

Clarke's POV:

I never saw my mother after that fight.

..........

I was running around the house, looking for Piper's left sneaker. She was a messy kid. She hadn't known where she took off her shoe the night before when she came back from school. Bellamy was working as a history teacher at University. He loved it. I, myself became a therapist. Is it that surprising?

It was Piper's 10 years old anniversary. What a special day, 2 numbers in her age now! How proud she was! But it was nothing compared to how much Bellamy and I were proud of the person she was becoming. Bellamy and I couldn't have possibly been prouder. There was a small birthday party scheduled that night, with Piper's great friends and family. But she was running late for school and her father, Bellamy, was already in the minivan waiting for her and the twins to get in. It was the twins' first year at school, kindergarten. Jacob and Oliver Griffin Blake were 5 years old.

Time passes pretty fast doesn't it? I feel like that fight with Abby was only yesterday, in fact it had been way longer. I lived a happy life that was certain, I mean I had 3 healthy kids, an amazing husband and the best job I could've asked for, but I still felt like a part of my life was missing. I knew what my mother thought about Bellamy and I remembered her hurtful words but I still wished Piper, Oliver and Jacob could've grown up with Abby Griffin in their life. Sometimes I tried to talk about it with Bellamy but he would never elaborate on the subject. He made it clear that he never wanted to talk about that night again.

"Aunty O and uncle Lincoln are coming tonight right mama? I misshh them shooo much." Jacob asked while finishing up his cereals.

"You literally saw them yesterday Jake, but yes honey, like I have already told you twice they are coming. Now go put that plate on the counter daddy's waiting for you guys in the car."

"Is grandpa Kane coming too?" Oliver asked. The truth is, I didn't know the answer to this question. Kane visited us monthly when he could but still because of my mother controlling him he was pretty limited. Both Kane and Abby missed Bellamy and I's marriage. Which isn't surprising when you think about it, but painful still.

"Stop asking so many questions and hurry up. Come on, outside!" I said, raising both my eyebrows at the two boys. They looked so much like their father. They both had dark curly hair and brown chocolate eyes. I laughed as they hurried out of the room. They were doing a race to see which one of them was faster. The first who got to the car won, they always did that. With them competition was inevitable.

"Piper, I got your shoe! Hurry up you're going to be late!!" I screamed as I found her shoe under the large couch of our living room.

"Coming!!" She screamed from her room upstairs. I heard footsteps and a door opening.

"What is taking her so fucking long! I have to be at work in 15 minutes!"

"Language Bellamy, there are children around."

"Is that so huh? Well I don't see no children." He said in a playful tone, looking around the empty room we were standing in. He smirked as he walked away from the door, leaving it opened, and approached me. He gave me a kiss that was cut short by our daughter's voice.

"Ewwwww, mom dad I'm here." Piper said, running down the stairs.

"Finally, we thought you might have been dead up there!" Bellamy teased. I sighed and gave my husband a quick peck on the lips before turning my attention to my birthday girl.

"Happy birthday baby. Have an amazing day at school and don't you forget to tell Diana she can sleepover for the night if she'd like."

"Thanks mom. I won't." She reassured me with a sweet and genuine smile. I grabbed her lunch box from the dinner table and handed it out to her.

"Here, I packed up your lunch. I may or may not have added a special piece of cake for you."

"Cake? Mmmm where is that cake at, I wanna take a bite, just to make sure it's not poisoned, you know safety comes first!" Bellamy said with an evil smile. Piper grabbed the lunch box from my hand and ran out of the house, scared that her dad would steal her food.

"I love you mom. See you later!" She screamed as she closed the door to the house.

"Clarke I think Piper is scared of you, you just made her run away." He said sarcastically.

"Now now, leave or you'll be late. I love you and have an amazing day at work."

"Love you Mrs, Blake!" He said as he walked out of the front door. I smiled to myself. How was I so lucky to have found this family.

Bellamy and I had bought the house when we learned we were having twins. We were so happy, because it turns out that Octavia got pregnant at the same time with a baby boy. We gave birth to our child a few hours apart, can you believe it? Octavia named her first boy Maverick and she was now pregnant with a baby girl!!! They haven't picked the name out yet, Octavia wants Avery and Lincoln insists on calling her Victoria. I personally prefer Avery but Bellamy voted for Victoria so I guess we could say it's very-.

My thoughts were interrupted by my cell phone ringing.

"Girl, I'm coming over." It was Octavia.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I want to help you decorate for the party tonight."

"O, you are literally seven months pregnant. You are not helping me decorate girl, do you want-" The doorbell cut me off this time.

"Octavia..." I said, knowing who was at the door.

"Oh well, too bad I'm already here isn't it? Now you don't want to make a pregnant woman wait do you?" I hung up the phone and walked over to the door, which was sadly unlocked. Octavia opened the door right in my face, while walking in, not even noticing me.

We decorated for a while and then we received the giant cake we had ordered 5 days earlier. I had to hide the cake or else Octavia would've eaten it all before the birthday girl even arrived. Ah, pregnant women and their appetite, what can I say. I've been there more than once. Octavia and I were now taking a break, watching Titanic, her head rested on my lap. She had stained my fancy white pants with her tears. Goddamn this tragic movie!

"Jackkkkkkk nooooooooo, ho-hold on Jackkkk. I don't want you to die, you're too handsome to die! That bitch, she could have squeezed over and left him a place on the damn door, jeez!" She whined as she shook her head uncontrollably. I was laughing at her reaction when the doorbell was heard once again. Both Octavia and I's head shot up confusingly. It was way too early for Bellamy and Lincoln to be back from work. Murphy and Raven said they would come early to help us, but they said they would call when they were leaving. Perhaps they forgot, because I didn't get a call.

I got up from the couch and left Octavia laying there, bawling her eyes out, while I walked casually towards the door. Nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. I opened the door and tears began to roll down the sides of my face.

"Mom?"

————————————————————————
A/N
That's it! That's the end guys, I hope you like it, I had to rewrite it all because I lost it when I was just about to be done. I want to thank you for those who have been supporting me and reading this story from the beginning to the end. I love you all so much!

......bellarke2good4you signing off......