Chapter 12

~ F R E E D O M ~

I didn't sleep much last night. Bellamy's words kept echoing through my tired mind. "If you just would have stayed. If you didn't go on a damn run." Maybe he was right after all. Maybe after all that's happened to me I never should have gone outside alone. Maybe if I stayed, I wouldn't have lost a year of my life locked up in a dirty underground bunker. But still, I got Piper out of it. Piper was my sunshine through the darkest times. Without even knowing it she would enlighten my very dark days. She didn't understand how much I depended on her. I loved her so much.

Piper actually slept pretty good that night. She only woke up once and went back to her deep sleep not long after. I got to admit I was proud. When I woke up, or more left bed, I went in the kitchen with Piper. I saw Raven and Murphy cooking together. God they were so cute. I just hoped someone would care about me that way one day. It got me pretty emotional thinking back to my relationships. Finn was a psychopath, and my exes were all pretty fucking weird. I had to admit it, my love life was pretty fucked up if not nonexistent. I must have stared at them for too long because Murphy snapped me out of his thoughts.

"Are you girls hungry?" He asked. He had a bit of flour on his forehead. He was making pancakes. He passed me a plate but I wasn't hungry.

"I'm fine, thanks." I said pushing back the plate on his side of the counter. He signed before rolling his eyes at me.

"Eat. They're really good, you'd never forgive yourself if you didn't give them a try." He said. I walked around him, to the fridge where I found a cup of strawberry baby mash. I got it out of the fridge and went over to the drawers where I took a baby spoon. I walked over to where Piper was sitting and I sat across her.

"Maybe later Murphy, I'm really not hungry." I told him. He eventually gave up and returned his attention on Raven and the pancakes. Just as I was getting started on feeding Piper, Alec got out of the bathroom and rushed over at my side. He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me.

"Let me," He said. I smiled back at him. He was so nice. He fed Piper while I was laying on the couch thinking about everything and anything really. My phone buzzed letting me know I had a message. I opened it and it was Octavia.

From : STeP sIs 💕

Yo I know you've been stressed lately and all and that's why I thought maybe we could have some fun.

From: Me

What do you mean some fun? I have to take care of Piper.

From: STeP sIs 💕

I knew you'd say that. I thought we could maybe go to a party, loosen up and relax. You could bring Alec, Miller, Raven and Murphy. I already got Piper figured out!!! ;)

From: Me

Yeah I could use a drink or two... let me think about it. Who will babysit Piper? My mom has work today?

From: STeP sIs💕

Your nanny proposed to take care of her. She was the one to come up with the whole idea actually. She misses you and she wants you to have fun. Now what do you say?

From: Me

Yeah, I'll tell the others. When and where?

From: STeP sIs 💕

I'll pick you up at 8, be ready gorgeous! ;)

I closed my phone while smiling to myself. I finally had a night off. A night where I wasn't a responsible mother but where I was just a teenager having fun.