Chapter 37

~ S H A T T E R E D ~

Clarke's POV

Surprisingly, what woke me that morning wasn't Piper's screams, but my phone going off like crazy. When I finally had enough of my damn notifications, I took my phone and threw it at the other side of the room in anger. Just then I finally realised what I had done. I cursed to myself in a whisper. I was tired, drained from energy. I was exhausted, sad, depressed and homeless. I had no intentions so what to get up to shut down my phone but when 5 minutes later, my phone was still ringing every goddamn second I quickly understood it was not going to stop anytime soon. I sighed heavily as I pushed down my comfy blankets off of my warm body, still wearing my clothes from the day before. I tried not to be loud as I stepped on the wooden floor which often cracked under my weight, I absolutely did not want to wake Piper when she was finally sleeping for the love of god. I walked over to the other side of the room and knelt down beside my phone. My screen was facing the floor so I couldn't see really if it had cracked. I took a deep breath, and I looked up to the ceiling, like to look up at the gods in the sky.

"Please let it be okay. I don't have the money to buy a new one." I begged the people above. The suspense was killing me, I had to know if I was finally lucky for once. I mentally counted from 1 to 3 and I turned my phone around. Obviously, with my luck it had to be broken of course. The screen was shattered and it didn't look amazing to be honest. Now all I could do was hoping that it would still work even with the broken screen. I was just about to press on the small circle to open it but I did not have to as I received another message. I was going crazy. I had 73 missed calls from Bellamy, 81 missed calls from Octavia, and the total of 296 unread messages from the both of them asking multiple questions. I was scrolling down my notifications, I didn't even bother to read most of them. I decided that I would be calling them to answer all of these text messages. I grabbed a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants from the closet in the room, where I already had some clothes for me and Piper, and headed out of the room as carefully as one could.

When I was finally out of the room, far from my sleeping baby, I took out my broken phone and opened it to call Bellamy. But, I did not have the time to finish entering the letters of his contact to call him when I received a call from Octavia. I took the call.

"CLARKEEEEEEEEEE, you fucking answered I can't believe it you are actually alive. Have you not been looking at your phone?! Bellamy and I were worried sick, we didn't know were you were, you could've been dead in a ditch for all we knew. You have some explaining to do young lady." Octavia's loud and angry voice rang through my ears. I had to hold the phone away from my ear because Octavia was literally screaming at me over the speaker of my phone. The way she talked to me, it sounded like she was my mother.

"O will you calm down for a second. I don't want to be deaf for life because of this."

"What did you just say to me? Calm down?! Are you nuts?! We've been looking everywhere for you, we went to Raven's and nobody was there, you wouldn't answer your goddamn phone and neither did Murphy or Raven. I mean we thought you might have gotten in a car accident and we were just-" She screamed once again through the phone but suddenly she was cut off. For a second I thought my connection was bad or something but just as I was about to hang up, I heard a deeper and much calmer voice through the speaker phone.

"Where the hell are you?" Bellamy simply questioned me.

"I'm at Murphy's with Piper. What about you guys? You still at Abby's house??" I asked casually trying to make conversation using a lighter tone of voice than his.

"No. We are coming to get you and Piper be ready, we're on our way." He kept his voice very calm but I could tell by his tone that he was trying his best not to shout at me like his sister had just done a few seconds ago. He was probably mad and worried and I got it but I had not been answering my phone for just a day! It wasn't like I'd been missing for a year. (Get it? Because she actually once was missing for a year in the bunker?!? Anyways I think I'm funny alright hahahahahaha.)