Chapter 29

~ S U N S E T ~

Bellamy's POV

That night I slept next to Clarke. Her gorgeous face was crushed in my chest, and I held her protectively close to me. I wasn't afraid I would lose her. I loved her, and she loved me back. But I was scared. I was scared that we'd lose everything because we were in love. Our family, friends, life. But right now, Clarke wasn't even officially my girlfriend. That means, she wasn't mine, not yet. And I had to do something to change that.

I let go of the pretty girl sleeping in my arms, and I quietly got off the bed. I tiptoed until I was at the door, it must've been 6 am. Luckily, Piper was still asleep. So I got out of Clarke's room and closed the door behind me. Then, I walked over to my sisters bedroom door. I was just about to knock, my fist still on the air when the door swung open. Octavia was wearing gym clothes and her hair was in a messy ponytail. She looked surprised to see me, but I also was. Octavia was never a morning person, and seeing her up at the very early hour was very weird. I hadn't seen her waking up that early in a long time.

As if she knew what I was thinking, she sighed loudly and rolled her eyes before gesturing for me to enter her room. I stepped inside her pretty messy room and closed the door carefully behind me. She sat on her bed, took out her AirPods and looked back at me with a suspicious gaze.

"So, what did you want to talk about, big brother?" She asked.

"Hum, yeah just hold on a second." I managed to get out nervously. I scratched the back of my head, a nervous habit of mine and walked over to her bed. I sat next to her and closed my eyes before taking a deep breath.

"Well?" Octavia asked, clearly impatient.

"Well there's this girl, I think I love her. I want to be with her, but we can't. It's complicated, but I needed your advice. What should I do O?" I begged for her help. She smiled and then patted my shoulder.

"There's something I thought I'd never see!" She exclaimed. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What?" I was unsure if I wanted to hear the answer.

"My big brother is falling in love." She simply replied, grinning at me like an idiot.

"But more seriously," she continued. "I think you should just ask Clarke to be your girlfriend." She replied looking at her nails. I blushed in embarrassment, how did she know that I was talking about Clarke? Did Clarke tell her?

"How did you—" I began only to be cut off by my sister.

"Oh please big brother! Come on you think I didn't see these heart eyes you two give each other. I know you slept in her room last night."

"You saw that? What! " I was confused. She just laughed. She took a deep breath and then continued.

"Listen, every one could see the eyes you give her when she isn't looking. Except maybe the parents. They really are clueless!" My little sister told me.

"Okay then, what should I do?" I questioned her. She always gave me the best advice and her opinion meant the world to me.

"I've haven't seen you this happy in a long time. If you guys truly love each other, you shouldn't care what other people think. I'm just happy you are happy! Alright? Now go, I need to go workout before Clarke takes the whole gym to herself!" She exclaimed while she stood up and walked towards the door. Before she could open it though, I threw my arms around her. I held her so tightly. She hugged me back after a second of surprise.

"Thank you O, I love you, so so much." I whispered in her ear. I could feel her smile on her stupid face.

"I love you too Bell." She replied back before opening the door and standing out of her room. Leaving me there, standing alone, lost in my thoughts. I need to make Clarke mine, before it's too late. Tonight. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard baby screams coming out of Clarke's room. I walked over to her room, and quickly stepped in to admire the vision I had. Clarke was sitting on her bed, Piper crying in her arms as her mother shushed her the best she could. I could tell she was exhausted. So I walked over to Clarke, and I took Piper out of her arms. At first, the oldest Griffin looked surprised, likes she didn't even see me enter the room. And then I could tell she relaxed, when I grabbed Piper. I gave her my finger for her to play with and she quickly calmed herself down. A minute later, she wasn't crying anymore, but giggling in my arms as I shook her and made weird faces. Clarke thanked me, and I left the room for her to get more sleep. I knew she needed to sleep so I played with Piper. That child was far from being an angel, but she was cute as hell and irresistible. I couldn't get enough of her giggles and laughs. So cute. I wish she had been mine.

__________

It was now 8pm. Clarke and I were sitting on a nap, on the ground. Facing a lake, and a magical sunset. Strikes of orange, yellow, and pink were scattered over the light blue sky. Beside me, Clarke was drawing the image in front of her eyes. Her drawings were amazing. I looked at her drawing, then at her face. And I stared, while she was drawing, so serious, so concentrated. She dismissed her drawing and looked up to catch me staring at her. She smiled and blushed slightly before looking away.

We were finally alone. Piper was at home back with Octavia, my dad and Abby. We had found excuses to get on this 'date' and Octavia backed us.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She asked, staring towards the sunset. I grinned.

"It very much is." I said, still staring at her. I was talking about her, but she didn't know that. I mean, she didn't until she turned around once again to catch me staring at her still. She opened her mouth to say something but I quickly crashed my lips on hers. She took a few seconds to kiss me back, but she did. Her lips were so soft, and I couldn't get enough of them. I placed my hands on her sides and gently, laid her down on the nap. I was now on top of her, not breaking the kiss. Until I thought. I want this to be forever. I want this girl to be mine, nobody else's. This girl is my future. That's when I broke the kiss. I had something I needed to do, I needed her to be mine. I needed to know that she wanted it as much as I did. I needed her to know that I was serious. I wanted her, Piper and everything that comes with it. I was ready and willing to do anything for that girl. I just needed to know it was mutual.

She looked at me in confusion. She probably thought she did something wrong again. I could see the guilt starting to form itself on her facial features. I pressed my forehead against hers. And I finally whispered what I had wanted to ask her for a long time. My lips brushed against her soft pink ones as I talked, forming the sentence I had been afraid to ask anyone my whole life.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

————————————————————————
A/N
Yeppp, lot's of Bellarke fluff in this update right? Btw I'm so sorry it took so long to update I've been very very busy and I had quite a lot to do. Sorry.

Anyways, also sorry for the cliffhanger. Will Clarke say yes to the love of her life or will she clench under pressure. Will she be too anxious for her family and chose to end it with her step brother? You'll see in the next update.

Thanks for reading, like always, vote, comment or share if you enjoyed.

Very appreciated my loves, 💕💕💕