Chapter 16

~ M A I L M A N ~

Clarke's POV

I was now relaxing in my room with Piper. She was listening to her favorite tv show. Then I decided to be brave for once and go talk to him. I let Piper alone, listening to the tv with a walkie talkie kind of thing while I headed down stairs. I saw that his friends were gone and so was Raven. I knocked on his door. A few seconds later, he opened it, shirtless, his curls still wet. Damn. He had such a toned chest, so much muscle. No Clarke, Focus.

"Huh? Hello?" He told me.

"We need to talk." I told him as I passed around him to get in his messy room. Still, it smelled so good, just like him.

"What about?"

"Okay, well I didn't want to go on a date with your stupid friend ok, but you still answered for me. You promised not to get involved in my personal love life, that was on the deal." I said as I lowered myself on his bed. He sat next to me.

"I'm sorry? I guess I am but honestly, you girls are so complicated. You just told me you didn't want to go out with him so why are you suddenly so mad I helped you out. My friends, they are not the kind of people you want to get involved with, trust me."

"No but really Bellamy. One day! And you still managed to break a rule."

"Jeez, calm down. I was just trying to get you out of the situation because you looked quite uncomfortable."

"It's fine, I guess. But still, don't do it again. I'm not your sister, I can hang out with whoever I want."

"Don't worry, even O doesn't even listen to me" he chuckled.

"Oh okay, you know about Lincoln! Well he's a nice guy if that helps you" I told him laughing quietly to myself.

"What? Who's Lincoln?"

Oh crap. Oh shit. She didn't even tell him?! I thought he found her in the bedroom with Lincoln the night of the party and he just insinuated that O was still seeing Lincoln without his approval.

"What? Who? Lincoln is-" Think Clarke, think!!!

"Oh yesss Lincoln is the mailman Octavia ran into the other day, I remember her matching me with him, but I wasn't interested." Oh god, if he believed this, then I might not die when I'll tell Octavia how big I fucked up.

"What does he have to do with Octavia not listening to me?" He asked suspiciously. He asks too many fucking questions!

"Well, Octavia really wanted to match me with him so she set me up on a date with him, even if I told her I didn't want to. I guess I just related a lot because O doesn't listen to me either." I replied quickly. It was the only thing I could possibly think of, so don't make fun of my lying abilities. "Anyways, I think I'm gonna head out, Piper's alone upstairs. Thanks, see ya!" I got out of his room, nearly slamming the door before he could even open his mouth. I ran upstairs to get to Octavia's room. I entered without knocking. Octavia was on her phone, laying on her bed, she looked up for a second and when she saw my pale face, she closed her phone and quickly sat up. I closed the door behind me and sat next to her on the bed.

" Okay so don't kill me please, but I fucked up."

"What happened?" She asked me.

"I kinda told Bellamy about you and Lincoln because I thought you told him when he found you the night of the party, he was also saying things about you not listening to him and being stubborn. So as soon as I mentioned him, I noticed he really didn't know yet, so I invented a big lie to help you out of my mess. But I have to warn you, he'll be mad at both of us when he'll figure it out, it's only a matter of time. We both lied to him." I explained.