23. Akaashi Keiji | Alluvion

╭─────────╮

╭─────────╮

Because after all
the smoke clears

╰─────────╯

The repeated aching of your head and the intensive ringing in your ear it caused had worsened by the time you felt your once delicate , almost glass-like skin , grow numb over the thick layer of ice. Your eyes were filled with frustrated tears as you heard footsteps approaching your immobile body and loud gasps that evaded the entire dome.

With your blurry vision , you saw a woman kneel beside you. She held out three fingers and she seems like she's trying her best to communicate with your weak self.

You were so confused.

Why was she worried?

Your eyelids slowly closed , trapping you inside the black hole that you've created. The ringing never stopped. You wanted it to stop. You're so desperate to make it stop. You can't bring your hands to cover your ears as if you don't have a complete control over your own body.

'That' happened yesterday. The most traumatic event that changed your perspective of loving sports. No , you hated it way before this.

You glared at the uncomfortable hospital bed , your head digging its way on your sweaty palms for support. You dislike it when you have to spend your precious hours laying on that thin mattress. The tears that ran down your cheeks had left more marks on your pale skin , your free hand clutched your knees tightly. You felt terrible with the painful sensation that's been dancing on your knees since you regained your consciousness.

You sat in the corner of the room , hoping that someone might come and help you. Scratch that , you 're better off alone in this pesky white room.

"What are you doing down here?"

Keiji looked somewhat confused on to how you even managed to move a muscle. You're clearly in pain right now , he could tell. His eyebrows furrowed in annoyance when your eyes avoided his and ignored the question he'd asked.

"Please leave me alone" you said with a small voice. Your throat hurts like you gulped down a glass of thorns , it must have been the long term contact of your body to the solidified water earlier. Ah you hate this situation where you're so vulnerable infront of your boyfriend.

"I'm fine by myself. You can leave"

You placed your arms on your knees to hide your embarassed face. Keiji sighed before taking his phone out of his pocket and playing the video that he recorded --two hours ago.

It's a video of the host , announcing who won the ice skating competition. The tournament you were enlisted in. The event that you failed to win : and he made sure to turn the volume up for you to hear every single word.

You were shocked.

How could he do something offensive to you like that.

Your head jerked out of the cage you created and looked at him with a stunned expression. Keiji did not show any sign of remorse , he looked back at your horrified face with his blunt one. "Nashima-san won. That golden medal that you wanted to possess is her's now" he told you.

"Keiji , why are you doing this?"

"You messed your routine up. You did not even manage to get into the top six this year. . . " he only continued to fire bitter facts towards you and tears threathen to flow out of your eyes once again.

You pleaded for him to stop.

The tall athlete sat beside you , leaning his shoulder on the cold , boring wall.

"I'm not going to comfort you. "

His calloused hand patted your shoulder in an abrupt manner. You , on the other hand , were confused. There must be a reason why the warm Akaashi Keiji was seating beside you without saying a word of positivity.

"I can't bring myself to aid you this time , Y/n. You didn't listen to me when I told you not to overwork yourself. You chose this"

he rubbed his temple as if to let you see the problematic side of his. Of course he'd act like that , he supported and cares for you. What was he thinking of when he saw you slide down the ice , hitting your head and receiving small cuts that counts as a damage.

"I'm sorry."

"I was so worried when I saw you lose your balance. You're really not good for my heart" he frowned , letting his head collide with your shoulder. He's so close that you could hear his whimper and ragged breathing.

"Keiji?"

"Hm"

"I'm grateful that you're here"  you gave him a small smile. You don't know what have  gotten in to you that day but you guarantee that someday , in the near future , you'd be able to take in his cruel words as a mere scolding and be more thankful that you got an honest man like him.

Akaashi kept quiet after you told him that but you completely know that he was already reading your situation for himself.

Your lover might be harsh

He might be abit blunt

But atleast you heard him confirm that he's looking after you

"Yeah. I'm grateful that you're  here  with me too"

╭─────────╮

I will be right here

╰─────────╯