24. Kageyama Tobio | Alexithymia

╭─────────╮

╭─────────╮

Why do we need
to be needed?

╰─────────╯

Hovering a hand over his desk , Kageyama fluttered his star-filled eyes open. He was once again greeted by the sight of his seat mate who owns an unruly wave of brown hair that would always knock a question on "how she could withstand such mess" . Y/n is your typical japanese highschool student that attends the same school and class with Kageyama and although they are pretty much in a shoulder-to-shoulder distance , they don't really mix that well.

Of course , the both of them tried to be more civilized -- well atleast one of them did try. It wasn't that difficult for Y/n to spark a conversation with any individual she could guarantee would be "able to tolerate her nonstop blabbering" but to no avail , there's just an invisible barrier between the two of them. Kageyama... however... was in his short daze as he stare at the lightly-freckled girl that ignored the loud ,booming voice of their math teacher.

She's ...

__

__

"Listen here , Kageyama. If you really want to talk to her , abandon your pride first" Kageyama's partner lifted a finger infront of him , of course Hinata would say that. Because of Kageyama's limited amount of friends , it would be clear for him to expect that all of them could say the same thing but who is he to complain -- it was not like he have that much of an option on the very first place.

"I know that , moron!" He barked , "you guys are just giving me an advice , saying it like 'oh you messed up with that one , get it right'. It's not that easy" Kageyama covered his nape with his large hands and Hinata clicked his tongue , confused on why Kageyama , who appears to be calm while trying to solve a dilemma , does not seem to have collected himself before coming in , asking for his help.

Kageyama wasn't a really outgoing person nor did he look approachable to other people that is why it takes time for him to adjust and casually talk to another human being. Being the one who's clearly not experienced enough to deal with tight relationships like this , he find it hard to think of a way to sort things out by himself.

"Well if I'm going to give you my opinion ... why not go to her right now and say whatever comes into mind? You have instincts , follow it!" The shorter teenager slapped the talented setter's broad shoulders , grinning proudly.

"Why are you smiling , dumbass. Can't you see that I'm in the midst of slicing my useless brain into pieces?!"

"Eh? But you'll die if you do so"  Hinata sarcastically commented , earning a harsh tug on his collar. "I'm serious." 

The intimidated first year shook his head as he watch Kageyama grumble underneath his breath. Come to think of it , this would be one of the rare times Kageyama would fall apart because of something personal.

"Just go to her."

Hinata pushed him forward again

"She's your girl. I'm sure you guys will sort this out together"

__

She's...

"Well I guess we'll have to call it a day" Yachi jumped out of her seat to hug everyone. Y/n and the others had also shared their fair share of bidding the others farewell before they resume with their lives . It really had been four years since she've last seen the former first years that attended Karasuno.

"Thank you guys for coming here today. See you guys next time" said Y/n while stacking the plates nicely. Kageyama couldn't help but squeeze her soft hands. While the alumni members talk for a little bit before abandoning the couple , Y/n sneeked a glance of her tall partner and wholeheartedly smile.

"Tobio?"

"What?"

"You really limit the words that you say , don't you?" She questioned as if she never noticed it before. Kageyama quirked an eyebrow at her before clearing his throat to speak , "why are you telling me that now? "

Y/n invited herself in his warmth and looked up to face his chin. Kageyama could feel the small smile forming on her small face as she talk , "I don't know. It's just a thing about you that I always notice..."

Kageyama shrugged before forcing his girlfriend to let go of him and leaning forward just so the tip of their nose touch , "Well , I'll probably add more words to my vows then " he took a quick look at her finger where the shiny jewelry wrapped around then smiled,

with that , Kageyama dipped in to connect their lips for a kiss full of sparkles and love.