37. Hinata Shoyo | Miserably Happy Loss

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'TWANT SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA

WANT SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA

╭─────────╮

I'll be outside when
the sky is down

╰─────────╯

"I think he has a fever..." Kageyama spoke his theory aloud for the whole team to catch as they stare down the silent figure of Hinata with a towel ,covering his face.

"He must have tired himself out from yesterday's match..."

"I'm alright , I'm alright" The desperate first year persuaded them while almost all of them threw the fact away that they'd pass this obstacle now that one of their cards have been shut down-- completely.

"I'm not injured. I can still fight , please!"

. . .

"Hinata..."

Sitting from the second deck of the bleachers , Y/n proceeded to overhear the conversation between the said middle blocker and Karasuno's coach. Kenma , who was seated beside her noticed the gloominess surrounding her. He too , felt bad for Shoyo.

They listen to the crowd murmuring from one another , their disappointment showing because of the biased game flow right from the start. Y/n's premonition was too accurate , something bad really did happen today.

"Kenma , " she stuttered his name out softly before jerking her head up to meet the setter's gaze bravely. "Will you go talk to him for me?" she asked and he slowly nodded his head , standing up from his seat ang running out of the gym in search for Hinata Shoyo.

Her cellphone lit up that indicated her dance instructor was already at the airport , waiting for her to make an appearance before they depart to South Korea. She sighed before sending Hinata a message , she knew she cannot change her schedule-- most especially when her instructor was extremely strict on her.

From : Y/n
Subject : See you when I see you
Sorry

A  F E W   Y E A R S    L A T E R

"Ugh, it's too hot in here"  the story's heroine grunted while watching her friend , Heitor walk beside her as they talk about random things. The wedding has just ended and this man is officially married and that only means ,she was the only single woman in their own group of friends.

"Shush , quit complaining. If you want , you could go check out the desserts over there" he pointed at the corner where rich foods have been gathered into one big table. Y/n saw guests coming over to try them .

"I did not escape my life in Korea just for this" she mumbled incoherently and Heitor chuckled at her bitterness.

"Don't be like that , Y/n. You'll meet someone too , as a matter of fact , I may have a suggestion for you..."

"And who could it be ?" Her curiousity lit a bulb in her mind and the tall male quirked an eyebrow and clapping his hands just so the mystery could unravel before them .

"Shoyo! Come here!"

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed slightly , taking into her account that the name can't be Hinata's. There are alot of Japanese people lurking around this area , it must have been a coincidence or something crazy
....  she saw a flash of orange that somehow managed to blind her for a second.

"Y/n , this is Hinata Shoyo , a friend of mine"

Oh , Santana , you clueless shit. ...

"Shoyo , this is Y/n L/n , also a friend of mine"

Both of them stood there ,stunned to even meet each other here out of all places-- it had to be here.

However ,despite their frozen state they couldn't deny themselves that they were happy to see each other again. They cannot fight back a smile yet Hinata reached his hand out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you "

______

I know , I know. I RUSHED THIS SHIT MY CREATIVITY JUICES MAY OR MAY NOT HAvE SPILLED EARLIER AND HERE I AM PRODUCING THIS DRAMATIC ONESHOT queue the facepalm emoji!

🤦‍♀️