| 27

Third Person's POV

"Taehyung!" The latter called out as he dropped everything he was holding onto, to the ground. He rushed towards the crying lilac that's knees were on the marble white tiles.

Taehyung looked down onto the ground as he sobbed even harder.

Jimin squat down beside Taehyung as he gently grab his shoulders. "Chim... he..." He paused as he take in an amount of breath into his lungs.

"I need to go in." He spoke sternly as he wiped his tears aggressively. Taehyung got up from the spot as he took a step forward.

"No, Tae! You can't!"

The turquoise haired grasp Taehyung's wrist tightly, not allowing any space to invade his tightness. The taller teen out of the both, hissed in pain.

"Why not!? I need to go in there! I still have time!"

The moment Taehyung whipped his head to the direction where Jungkook laid. He froze. In fear. Panicked. Paranoid.

The lilac, along with the blue haired, witness as a small strange light, poking out from Jungkook's chest.

And then, it hits him.

- Flashback when their encounter with the hooded figure at the garden -

"Taehyung, I need you to listen to me." The mysterious figure told him with a strict tone. The lilac immediately nodded his head as he took a glance at the sleeping Jungkook who was snoring peacefully.

"There is a sign if you're too late." The hooded person began as he eyed Taehyung, making sure he was listening warily.

"Too late for what...?" The teen asked curiously as his tone was low. "Too late to save Jungkook." The person with the hood ended. Taehyung gulped the lump in his throat as he nodded his head, gesturing for the person to continue with his sentence.

"Bright and flashing light will beam out from his chest. His heart area to be precise. That is a sign, that you are too late. Only you and that friend of yours could see the light as only the two of you could see his soul."

The person stared at Taehyung's face, analysing his expression which was showing fear and concern. The colours on his face drained as he looked pale.

"I just hope that it wouldn't come to that." The hooded figure spoke softly, knowing how the lilac was feeling at the moment.

The person left Taehyung with his never-ending thoughts.

That would never happen, right?

He thought to himself. And he was sorely mistake.

- Flashback ends -

Sweatbeads rolled down his forehead as he felt himself shaking. The lilac's body was turning cold as his eyes were dulled.

As his instincts finally kicked in.

The lilac thrashed around Jimin's grip as he tried busting into the hospital room. "Chim! Let go off me!" The blue haired refuses as his grip around Taehyung tightened.

As Jimin discovered why the younger teen was on the ground, crying. He knew exactly what would happen. Taehyung wanted to rush his way into the ward and bust the door open but of course, he couldn't do so.

"Taehyung! Stop! You can't go in!"

"But, Jimin! He... he-" The lighter haired tried reasoning himself with the latter as a hiccup disrupted his sentence.

The lilac couldn't finish his sentence as he watched one of the doctors from Jungkook's hospital room came out with a look of disappointment. He looked down as his primly smooth light brown hair covers his expression. "I am truly sorry for your lost, sir. We tried our best—"

"I don't care if you did! He still died!" Taehyung cuts the doctor off as he yanked himself out of Jimin's iron grip. "Taehyung!" The teen ran to Jungkook's ward as he barge in.

The remaining doctors in the ward that was surrounding the lifeless male in his hospital bed, spread their arms apart as they tried to stopped the lilac from getting closer to Jungkook. "Let him be."

The doctor that Taehyung interrupted from earlier, warned the remaining doctors who tried to stop the younger teen. Jimin ran shortly after the younger teen barge into the room.

He panted like he just finished running a marathon as his gaze immediately fell upon the lilac who was currently on Jungkook's side. Taehyung held the black haired hand as he brought it to his chest.

The doctors stood there as they felt great sympathy for Taehyung and Jungkook. The doctors proceeded to slowly leave the room to give them some privacy as the blue haired stand there with his hands clenched.

He hated seeing his friend crying in sorrow and full of melancholy. Jimin felt warm liquids rolling down on his slightly rosy cheeks as he slowly made his way to his friend.

The lilac sniffled as he brought his wrist that had the symbol on and placed it on Jungkook's chest where his heart was. "Please, kook... come back to me..."

His salty, warm and melancholy tears slowly trickles down his cheeks as it plummet down onto Jungkook's pale cheeks.

Taehyung hoped and prayed that he wasn't too late as the lights were shining brightly on his chest. Jimin placed one of his hands around Taehyung's neck as the other on his back, rubbing them in circular motion as a way of comforting the lilac.

The turquoise haired laid his forehead onto the younger teen's shoulder as he tried holding in a sob. The scene that unraveled upon him... was too much to handle. Taehyung was the one suffering most. Watching the love of his life... in this state... Jimin couldn't bare the thought of that.

Suddenly, one of Jungkook's finger twitched as the heart monitor could be heard.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Taehyung's eyes flung open as he swiftly whipped his head upwards towards the black haired and froze.

"Miss me, my cute and feisty prince?"

- End of Chapter 27