✓ || 1 outing in the beach (part 2)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。  

ˢᵘʳᵖʳⁱˢᵉ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵖᵘᵇˡⁱˢʰᵉᵈ: ⁽⁶/²²/²⁰²⁰⁾

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。  

It's been a handful of minutes since this dream of yours have started and you've never felt so enchanted. The world underwater is beyond magnificent, your sight being spoiled with countless aesthetics that you've never witnessed in the land. Even if you are just in one of your silly sleep fantasies, you still are overwhelmed with the fact that you could actually be this imaginative.

You clasped your hands together in an excited manner after finally finishing your underwater sandcastle, some bubbles created in the process. Although it's just a couple of sand piled into what looks like a small anthill, you were still pretty proud of it.

The pink-haired male mentally sighed when you started prancing towards him as he predicted that you'll be dragging him to take a look at your creation. You clutched on his wrist before pulling him with you, a heartwarming beam latched on your lips which seems to make the boy uncomfortable yet in a surprisingly good way.

"Look at my kingdom, dream Kusuo! I am now finally the ruler of the world!" You roared like a little kid without letting your hold of him go, your sight shifting to him to check on his reaction.

"I will be the almighty princess and you shall be my great pirate!" He rolled his eyes with your childish remarks but for some reason, he did not really bother to whack your hold on him away. He stayed perfectly silent as it seems like you still have a continuation awaiting to your sentence. 

You turned your body to face at him directly, grabbing his free hand into yours and gripping on it in a gentle manner. This action of yours was something that he wasn't able to predict since another unfamiliar song was the only thing that he could hear from you. It was a calm song, truth be told and he was actually entertained by it.

"Thank you for bringing me here, dream Kusuo! We should do this more often!"

The enthusiasm and awe that was laced in each of the letters in your statement felt like drills pushing shamelessly on the boy's skin; a feeling that he found so new and foreign to him. He could feel his face heating up even if he was currently being soaked in the cold salt water and it was annoying him since it should be impossible..

..it was supposed to be impossible.

'That sounds annoying.'

You pursed your lips with what he just mumbled, ignoring it and scrunching your nose afterwards. Disregarding his stoic expression, you were still very thankful with him so you did whatever it is that you thought could show your gratitude to him.

The inaudible whirring of Kusuo's mind halted abruptly as he felt something tender placed against his forehead. That tingling feeling of warmth stayed on it for awhile after he finally comprehended the fact that you just placed a peck on it, his eyes sternly strained at the beguiling features of your face as if asking you why you suddenly did that.

"I know I can be annoying sometimes.. but still, thank you for staying. Even if you're just currently a figment of my imagination at this moment, your presence still makes me feel.. happy. Thank you, dream Kusuo."

•••

'this merman thinks that he's such a high creature himself that he actually considers everything around him to be mere headaches, including the princess.'

Kusuo snapped out from the sudden entering of his irritating older brother's tale that was shared to him a few months ago. It was weird how that just went in his mind in this moment, making him sigh in disbelief.

He leaned his back on the slippery texture of the boulder that has outgrown in the sea a couple of meters away from the shore. After seeing the perfect opportunity to teleport you back to where you supposedly are before you dozed off, he hid behind the big rock to check on your condition as you wake up from your dream.

You flinched with the amount of light pestering your eyes as you opened it, feeling a warm temperature on your cheek afterwards. You repeatedly blinked to adjust your sight, soon later on recognizing that there was actually a certain person holding your face in this very moment.

"A..ren? What the hell?" The owner of the said name grimaced with your confused reaction as he helped you in standing up, an infinite number of sand sticking on your back and hair.

"You were gone for two hours, so me and the boys started to look for you. Here." He dusted your precious Shrek dress, wrapping it around your whole upper body afterwards which made you look like a half-assed burrito.

Before you could even protest, you felt your feet being lifted from the ground. You used all your might to pop your head out of the dress wrapping, only to realize that he has already hooked his hand on your leg and your back, carrying you in a traditional but comfortable bridal style.

"Alright then, pesky servant! Bring me to the main lair!" Aren simply grinned at your childish demeanor and proceeded to his walking. No wonder Kaidou wouldn't stop blabbering about you, you are actually so precious and entertaining.

Kusuo's fingers felt the freezing liquid that was on the boulder seeping on his thin skin. His lavender irises followed the lean structure of the once-delinquent boy carrying you ever so carefully and it was somehow troubling him.

'Because of this, the merman doesn't accept the fact that he has fallen for the princess and decided to not tell anyone about this. The princess, who thought that the merman never cared, married another man. Much to the merman's sadness, he hid hisself in the deepest seafloor and was never seen ever again.'

He plopped his self back to the shallow sea water, some waves crashing on his legs silently. He mentally cursed his own for having to feel these unidentified emotions again. It was suffocating him and it sucks to think that he doesn't even know how the mere idea of you persuaded him to feel this way.

'Good grief, (Y/N).. How are you even doing this?'