✓ || 1/2 cup condensed milk

The sun left kiss trails in your not so organized bedroom, disrupting the darkness that settled in it. You weren't able to arrange the said place after waking up for you were busy baking all morning. The town market was having a huge sale on all purpose flour and eggs, thus making you come up with an idea on pastry production.

Since you made too much, you decided to bring some to the Saiki family, mostly for Mrs. Saiki. You were missing your parents so bad right now but thanks to her, you actually found a temporary unconditional love of a parent. Although Mr. Saiki was a great guy also, you haven't really had long conversations with him for he is always at work.

Besides that fact, you outdid yourself in making these baked goods because you are happy that school will be resuming in a week. Not that you love going there, I mean who does, but at least there's only a week left of your suffering from getting a boring and useless summer session with Kusuo. You really wished that he was easy to communicate though.  If he was, then probably you're now lounging in your living room watching netflix.

You placed a light knock on the wooden door and waited for a whole minute before someone opened up. You were quite surprised to see a young boy, looking at you with an unfazed reaction. Did Kusuo's parents decided to adopt a kid or something? Or did they finally decided to replace him?

"Hey, is the Saiki family here?" You politely asked, a small beam hanging in the comfort of your lips now being showcased towards him. The green haired boy, still showing no interest at all, called out for someone who has a name that your mind can't even cope up with.

"Cyborg Cider-man No. 2! Someone's looking for you!" Right after these words were said, a sight of an annoyed Kusuo came up. His figure obviously irritated while walking towards where the caller was. The kid's face lit up immediately as he saw him getting closer.

"Oh, hello Cyborg Cider something." A teasing grin was knitted on your lips, observing the pink haired boy's pissed off expression. Before he could even protest, the young boy already took his hand and drag him towards the living room while, you, who has no idea what was going on and bored at the same time, just followed.

"The marathon's gonna start any second now!" Yuuta, the little boy's name in which you figured out from the sling bag he was carrying, muttered, his high pitched voice almost breaking your eardrums. You took a glance on what was showing and it was some sort of a super hero commercial for a fizzy drink. 

"Hey auntie, aren't you gonna watch with us?" He asked, kind of confused on why you were just standing on the doorway. This got your attention and you denied politely with a light shake of your head. Kusuo looked at your reaction slowly. From what he recalled, when Yuuta addressed Teruhashi as an auntie, she got furious and was spatting unnerving words towards the defenseless boy in her thoughts. He was also expecting to get the same reaction from you.. however, it was different.

Your face was decorated with gleaming features, it was as if you don't have any problems at all. This got him confused for you have never looked this light when around him and when he checked your thoughts, it was filled with a song that was describing how good the day of the singer was, comparing it with the feeling you get when walking on sunshine. 

Honestly, for some unidentified reason, you were enjoying the young boy's presence around the household. Even if it was your first few minutes in the said place, you haven't been feeling any irritation to bug in you because of your current problems added with the stress Kusuo was giving you. Yuuta kind of reminded you about your younger sister and even if she gives you difficulty almost all the time, you still missed her.

After a couple of minutes on looking for Mrs. Saiki, you found a note plastered on the fridge telling his son that she went out for a shopping. You then decided to just leave the cake you made for the Saiki couple inside the refrigerator. You made your way towards where the two boys were hanging out, a large bento box resting on your hands.

"May I join you?" Your sight was fixated on Yuuta, ignoring Kusuo's presence completely. The green haired kid just shrug his shoulders, his attention reeled completely on the television screen. Before starting to chow down on your cake, you plopped yourself first on the space between the two. 

"Talk about sharing.."  Kusuo deadpanned towards his self, observing how you selfishly devoured one pound of cake all by yourself. 

"Is that.. a strawberry cake?"

"Mhm?" Your mouth was stuffed with the fluffy goodness as you faced Yuuta who asked you with a rather interested voice. Because of how full your mouth is, you just nodded excitedly. You inched your bento box closer to him before eyeing it to give him a sign that it's alright to get one.

"You want some?" It didn't took him a second before he dipped his hand to your precious storage box, some of the icing smudging his fingers as he shoved the cake into his mouth. It only took a few moments before his eyes were slowly starting to be written with amazement.

"This is so good, Auntie! Better than this cider!" You don't know if it was a compliment since you tasted the fizzy drink before and truth be told, it wasn't that amusing. But still, you were quite happy that he actually liked it.

Before you could even say something in return, he gently placed his head on your lap while patting his stomach.

"I'm so full! Arigatōgozaimashita!"

"It's noth--" You didn't even finished your statement when you heard a snore being emitted from him. You can't help but to laugh a little from how he acted. Children sure are a mystery.

You were too occupied by the little boy that you almost forgot the teenage boy a few inches away from you. When you remembered that Kusuo was actually there the whole time, you turned to face towards him and gave him a wide smile.

"Welp, that's what you get for being too silent." Doing your best to make the slightest movement and not interrupt the sleeping boy on your lap, you took your bag and handed Kusuo a small lunch box filled with the cake that you set aside for him.

He didn't slip a word but just took the sweet pastry. You rested your back comfortably, deciding to catch some z's.. You, yourself, knows too well that you deserve to have one.

When Kusuo shifted his gaze towards you to show some gratitude, you were already dozed off. A small smile climbed up to his lips as he faced back to the cake that he was holding.

Maybe you're not so bad after all.