✓ || 3 plates of mango float

"So it's actually Laurel? But why do I kept hearing Yanny?" You all were dismissed an hour ago already yet you decided to spend your few extra hours debating with Kaidou whether the audio was saying Yanny or Laurel. He was, for some reason, quiet the whole time you were rattling some things he can't even understand. He haven't mentioned anything about the Dark Reunion and it weirded you out.

"Come on now, Kaidou... A penny for your thoughts?" The sky blue haired boy snapped from his staring towards you, his eyes blinking in such a fast pace.

"H-Hai? Oh, I uhh.. Sorry.. I was just making sure that you weren't sent by the Dark Reunion to take me down." With a shaky grin, he covered half of his face to show his bandaged wrapped hand. A deep sigh slipped passed you for you're now sure that he's alright.

The hallway that you two were walking this very moment is knitted with calming silence that even if he was spatting some awkward statements, you were still able to enjoy it.

"Anyways, (Y/N)-chan.. D..Do you have plans this Christmas Eve?" A sudden question grabbed your attention as an embarrassed Kaidou came into view. 

"Well, I guess I'll watch some parades that will be passing by my apartment."

"Oh, you can spend the Christmas Eve at our house, if you want. My mom allowed me to bring a friend to celebrate with."  Your hand found its way on the back of your neck, scratching it slyly while trying to think of an excuse to say to the boy.

"I would love to! Are you sure it's really alright?" Kaidou's mood dropped as he continued to watch your actions. He rubbed his palms together, doing his best to not make any eye contact.

"Of course! I was actually planning to let you be the first one to taste my mango float." You swear you felt your heart squeezed in the mere mention of the dessert that your stomach craved for so long.

"That's so nice of you, Kaidou. Then count me--"

"Out." Another strangely familiar voice added to the conversation which seemingly continued your sentence with the opposite of it. You tilted your head to the direction of the speaker and their you saw a strawberry tinted haired boy standing a few inches away from you. 

"Oi Saiki, didn't notice you there." Kaidou smiled upon seeing his friend's arrival. You were quite taken aback on his sudden interruption with your sentence that you took a step away from Kusuo. 

"Mother told me that you'll be spending the Christmas in our house." Before you could even protest, he already grabbed your arm and dragged you away from blue haired teen. You weren't able to say any remarks but just a goodbye to Kaidou. Once you were sure that no one was around the two of you, you planted your feet firmly on the ground, disallowing Kusuo to drag you any further.

"The hell is wrong with you? You saw that we were having a conversation, didn't you?"

"You are gonna be with us in that day and that's final, what's so hard to understand in that?" Your blood started boiling rapidly as you saw him casually looking at your annoyed expression.

"Can I atleast have a say in this? For sure you are not my brother and you are definitely not my fath--" Your ear piercing muttering was halted when you felt someone's hand wrapped around your shoulder in a fast motion and just a second later, your chin was now resting on his shoulder. It was then you found yourself being hugged by none other than the boy you were talking with.

"Ku..." Silence took over the area as a scene more surprising than what you're experiencing right now took happening in front. There came to view a rather shocked Teruhashi, staring deeply to the scenario currently ongoing meters away from her. 

You were supposed to excuse your self out from the sudden embrace but it was too late for you to explain to the navy haired girl since she already went away. You then realized that maybe the reason of Kusuo suddenly showing softness towards you was because he detected Teruhashi getting closer... and for some reason you felt proud for feeling somewhat superior over the most popular girl in the country.

Kusuo expected for you to explode in anger and he readied his self for any harsh treatment from you the moment you pulled away from the hug. But, he was confused to see you so happy, your face gleaming in the lovely hues of red from so much excitement.

"I see what you did there, ey?" You playfully punched him on his stomach in which he responded with a raise of his eyebrow due to confusion. You clasped your hand together in a joyful manner before started skipping around him.

"You should have told me about this jealousy project though.. My acting would have been even more effective." You posed like an actor, wrapping your own arms around you and acted as if you were surprised.

"Anyways, I gotta go! I can already feel such power and that's all thanks to you!" You waved at him before marching towards the exit of the school as you now mentally ransacked your mind with thoughts and plans on indulging yourself with games and food as a reward for surviving another day.

Kusuo did something so foolish just to keep you silent from all your blabbering towards the idea of spending Christmas with him. That was the sole purpose for his hugging towards you according to his own thinking.  He was so close to slapping his face to get rid of any idiotic ideas that he, himself, doesn't even understand.

He traced his finger on the germanium ring that he was wearing, trying so hard to puzzle what you were talking about the so called jealousy project..

"Idiot"