✓ || 2 fistful of x-mas spirit

A warm wind circled all around the neighborhood as the colorful Christmas lights twinkled with the stars that painted the dark sky. Joyful chants and merry singing can be heard non-stop and although it's getting kind of irritating to listen to, it never stopped to bring good vibes to the people who the choir are singing to.

Kusuo took a long sip on his hot cocoa, silently staring at the clock that adorned his clean bedroom wall. Just thirty minutes after the eve happened, his parents already went to town to have some feliz navidad party as a couple. Even if it was disappointing for him to not spend the whole dawn of Christmas with them, he was still contented that he got to spent the eve with his beloved mother and father.

However; one thing that got him so distressed was the fact that you weren't there to celebrate the holiday with him and his family just like what he ordered you to do. He wasn't saying that he wanted you to come, but he did expect you to show up. 

He wasn't angry that you didn't follow his command but for some unidentified reason, he was disappointed.

A loud knock on the main wooden door got his head up from the drink that he was busy consuming. Although his mind was too angered to check on who it is, his body was telling otherwise as he ran towards it.

"Kusuo!" His downcast mood dropped even more, the sight of a male he despised so much corrupting his sight. He attempted to close the door but was halted with a foot blocking the way.

"I was expecting a warm greeting, you know." Kusuo just rolled his eyes as he glared at the speaker, threatening him to get away from his view.

"And for the record, this is also my house." The blonde gave his younger brother a wide smile before entering the cozy heated home. Without letting the strawberry haired boy react, Kusuke went to the kitchen and comfortably sat on one of the chairs. Kusuo retreated his steps towards his bedroom but was again interrupted with another series of knocks on the door. He lazily dragged his self and placed his hand on the steel cold doorknob.

"Okay, before you say anything in behalf of my tardiness, let me just remind you that you forced me to come here... and... I actually overslept, which is not my fault." You raised your hand in defense, expecting some furious filled Kusuo to face you. It's already 2 am, two hours late from the original time he told you to stop by his house. Fortunately, he seemed to be more pissed with something else that he semi forgot your sin and just casually let you in the house.

Kusuo's mind was about to explode from all the stress he was feeling. He wasn't sure if he could handle any more irritation from anyone yet sadly, there were two people that was considered as the source of his headache in the same place as he is. In spite of this fact however, he was concerned that his brother would do something that will ruin your day. I mean you are his guest and he doesn't want you to blame him for having the worst Christmas eve that happened in his house.

When you stepped a foot inside the kitchen, a sudden presence of someone surprised you that you almost dropped the fruit cake you were holding. The house was so quiet that you were not aware that someone besides Kusuo was here.

"Uh, hey." You cleared your throat awkwardly, taking a couple of steps towards the table and placing the pastry on top of it. The boy who you just saw greeted you back with a welcoming grin and a happy remark while he continued to follow your move which was sitting on the chair opposite from him.

Kusuo entered the room and without a word, sat beside you. You felt the entire mood of the household became much heavier, your fingers now busy untying the package of the pastry you bought for the family. 

You took a slice from the cake and munched it. Kusuke followed and faced towards his brother who seemed to be ready in killing him anytime.

"So, Kusuo.. I didn't know that you actually invited something for Christmas. How nice of you." Your ears peered upon hearing his sentence. Did he just addressed you as an object? You stuffed the food that you were currently getting ahold of, swallowing it entirely before facing the rude talker.

"Excuse me Kusuo but.. I think I just heard your dog talk." You stood up from your seat and made your way towards the exit of the house. Having to spend such an important holiday with someone who thinks highly of their self is the last thing that you want to happen. Kusuke's wide grin was replaced with a smirk as he observed your figure walking out.

"Huh.. smart puppy, I see."

"Stupid blonde boy." You repeatedly mumbled as you found yourself walking alone in the light infested streets. The white fluffy snow left trail of kisses on your shoes, the cold breeze tickling your exposed neck. It was stupid of you to forget your scarf and it was all because you were too occupied in getting to the Saiki household on time which turned out to be a waste of effort.

"(Y/N)." Your steps were halted once your senses heard your name being called. You tilted your head to the direction of the speaker, only to witness a tired looking Kusuo sitting on the bench only a step away from you. You blinked your eyes consecutively, confused on how he got here first when a few minutes ago he was just in his house.

"...how-" Before you could even finish your statement, he wrapped his fingers on your wrist, grabbing you to sit beside him.

"What the hell, Kusuo... ever heard of-" 

"I'm sorry." The wind passed by the two of you, your lips pursed from the loss of words on his sudden apology. Your scratched the back of your head slyly, trying to act tough in front of the boy.

"Hah, as if a sorry could replace a wasted Christmas." You slapped his hand that was still on your wrist but he didn't even flinched at it. 

"Now let go of me. I'm going to treat myself with some good ramen." You muttered with a mocking voice, tugging your arm playfully away from him. 

You swore you felt your stomach cartwheeling from embarrassment upon feeling his hair brushing against your jaw and some on your neck. It was then you realized that the teen leaned on your shoulder, disallowing you to move even more.

"Don't get the wrong idea, idiot. And don't bother me, I'm going to sleep." His harsh command made you grin like a wild man as you moved your shoulder in a rolling motion, hitting his temple in the process. This made him sat up and glare at you menacingly.

"Now you be good and let me relax." You gave him a teasing grin from ear to ear before taking his place. This time, you were the one resting your head on his shoulder. You expected him to do the same thing that you did to him but surprisingly, he just sat still. His grip around your arm loosened, your feeling getting somewhat comfortable and relaxed.

So far, this day is not that sucky as what you've expected it to be.