✓ || 1 blissful afternoon

Another dreadful class of Physical Education just fortunately ended and you swore your spirit just flew out of your energy drained body as you heard your teacher instructed the class to go back to their respective classroom.

Everybody knows you're not that athletic and the stressed yet happy author intended your status to be like that because she was lowkey sick of the super duper perfect characteristics that the main characters in almost all the books that she already read possess. 

Anyways, due to how physically and mentally drained you are, you didn't mind the people already passing by the classroom's door after getting their stuff successfully since it was already dismissal time.

You plopped your head on the seemingly century-old table and just let the beads of sweat rolled down your chin that you were too lazy to wipe. 

A certain individual patiently waited for your not so peaceful resting form to move. Small threads of sighs slipped out of his lips as he walked towards your seat, him standing just a few inches behind you.

"Hey.." Believe it or not, this was the 67th time that he has been trying to get your attention telepathically the moment the classes have adjourned. He was quite frustrated with you not even looking to his way when he calls you but he still stayed patient.

You shot your head up, squinting your eyes to the front and seeing no one in sight. You actually knew that he was behind you but you're that one hell of a sluggish person that you don't want to use any muscles in your neck just to face him.

"What do you want?" You groaned, your voice a little off from the two minutes and 29 second-nap. 

Kusuo raised his eyebrow before placing his hand on the top of your head and guiding it to face him. He crouched down to your level so that both of your sights were level to each other.

"Look at me when I'm talking... And respond--"

"And look like a fool because people will think that I'm talking to my self due to you not even bothering to open your mouth?" You cut his sentence with a mouthful of words that he himself found too boring to listen to.

"(Y/N).. There's no one in here." You pursed your lips immediately after realizing your own idiocy... Although, you can't blame yourself though since you yourself knows that thinking about the things that you're gonna do is not your forte.

You gave him a huge (kind of) guilty smile in response to his telepathically delivered words. Kusuo could just sigh with your actions before releasing his hold on your head and standing straightly.

"But still though.. what do you want?" After saying these words, there was a long minute of silence. It seems that he was actually looking for the right answer to your question as if it was related to a life and death situation.

"Let's have a walk"

The soft rays of the afternoon sun left warm kisses on your cheeks as you take in the beautiful sight of the clean and not so crowded town park. 

A small smile was hanging on your lips, enjoying the relaxing feeling of the view while sitting on one of the benches. Kusuo wasn't able to generate any more idea but to just look at  your reactions and he can't deny the fact that he was actually amused by it.

"Hey, I'm hungry." Your sudden talking snapped him out of his deep thinking as he found himself now staring on the ground.

"Feed me some ice cream." You added while crossing your legs to look as intimidating as you can to the boy beside you. He rolled his eyes, glaring at you for ordering him so casually.

"Stop bothering me and get it yourself." He bluntly responded before lying his back on the cold metal chair and closing his eyes to ignore your incoming remarks. You mumbled a lot of gibberish before folding your arms and looking back to the people around the park.

Kusuo actually wanted to buy you all the things that your mind could think of but he was controlling his self because he doesn't want to get more attached to you.. without knowing that he was actually in the maximum level of attachment with you.

He knows that one day someone or something could actually take you away from him.. And that thought alone was slowly killing him..

A sight of a complete and bubbly family bombarded your view just a couple of meters away from the both of you. Your heart seemed to melt at the sight of the parents looking at their kid who was happily running around them.

Kusuo noticed how silent you are and he can't help but to forcefully flutter his eyes open and check on your condition. When he found you still beside him, his breathing started to ease.

"Oi Kusuo." He immediately faced towards you, putting all his full attention on you.

"Look at him.. Isn't he adorable?" He traced towards your finger and to where it was pointing only to see a chubby 6-year old prancing around, his uniform now painted in mud. He looked back at you to observe your reaction and you seemed to be overly joyed with just a simple sight.

"Do you... want to have one?" It was not later than 10 seconds when you realized what he said and you swore your insides just burst in embarrassment.

"We could--"

"I swear to God, Kusuo.. I will kill you." You covered your face with both of your hands, trying so hard to not scream at him.

'It's not that you know... It's just... how do you think is my little sister doing right now? how about my family?' You silently thought to yourself, not intending to say it out loud. Unfortunately, you always seem to have a bad memory that you again forgot the fact that Kusuo could hear your thoughts so clearly...

You always do remember that he has the power to deliver the words that he wants to express directly to your mind but you always forget that he could actually read you like a well taken cared thesis paper.

Kusuo felt a foreign pang of feeling crept deep inside him upon sinking the words that you just released. He took another long glance at you; the way your eyes blink, the way the blush of embarrassment crept on your cheeks, the way your lips curled into a faint smile...

He feels so afraid.

You looked at him in full confusion as you saw him standing up from the bench. Did something made him upset? Did you said something wrong?

"Hey Kusuo.. Where are you--"

"Vanilla or Cookie Dough?" You blinked your eyes in response to his question, now getting why he was asking it.

Kusuo, on the other hand, was trying his best to cheer himself up by lifting your mood. He might not want to admit it but he was silently battling with his selfishness and his drive for your happiness.

 A huge grin was now plastered on your face as you clasped you hands together in an excited manner, unaware of the war that the teenage boy was facing this very moment.

"I'll just have vanilla for now." Kusuo just nodded with your statement and turned his heel away from you. However, his heart just clenched for a moment after realizing that the new warmth that engulfed him was you as you hugged him from behind.

"Thank you.. Thank you so much"