✓ || 1 cliche confession

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。  

You lazily dropped your head on the 2-inch thick book as you you groggily rub your cheeks. You were again starting to get desperate to find alternatives solutions to get back home since you're losing hope in getting the key from Kusuo.

"He's too freaking smart I can't even-" You slammed your face on the book before releasing a muffled scream in it. Students who were also currently in the school field looked at you weirdly but you just spat a glare back at them.

"Oi (Y/N)-chan!" A cheerful greeting snap you out of your distressed thoughts, your head tilting towards the speaker to see who it was.  A sky blue haired teen came into view, huge bright smile decorating his pale soft face.

He sat beside you, the wooden bench creaking upon feeling his weight being added into it. You immediately closed the book and placed it gently on your lap.

"You seem quite frustrated.." You blinked your eyes, your attention now fully focused on the boy. 

"Really? It's that obvious?" Kaidou nodded while scratching the back of his neck quiet shyly. You breathed out a sigh before leaning your back on the bench's frame to relax.

"Care to share?" He scooted closer towards you to clearly see your current expression. You just simply shrugged your shoulders, avoiding longer conversations that would make you even more frustrated. Although you like talking to him, you were just too tired to converse with others besides your pet fish, George.

"Oh... alright then." The atmosphere began to get heavier, Kaidou now shifting in unease. You released another set of frustrated sigh as you looked at the boy beside you.

"I'm sorry.. I'm just a little.. tired." You placed your hand your eyes before rubbing it gently. Once your sight became clear once again, you placed the book back in your bag.

"I...I supposed you want some time alone?" He mumbled, playing with his thumbs to lessen the tension he was currently feeling. You nodded your head as a smile crept towards your face, happy that he understood your situation.

You gave him a hug which surprised him. He felt his face becoming even redder than it was, his arms slowly wrapping around you, responding with your action.

"Thank you, Kaidou."

Now that the school was once again peaceful and quiet, you can't hide the fact that you were starting to relax. Walking down the lightly dimmed hallway, you tightly clutched on your book  before placing it on your locker once you arrived just in front of it, closing it afterwards.

You walked once again, your mind now humming a tune that gave you a calmed feeling. It was not long before you felt a presence beside you. With a deep sigh, you immediately knew who it was since for the past weeks it has been like this.

"Kusuo, if you want to talk about something with me, why not do it in the classroom?" You grunted, shifting your gaze towards him. 

He just responded you with a look in the eye before travelling his sight back to the empty hallway. It seems like he doesn't want to talk to you about anything... but what bothers you is that ever since the day when his brother accidentally gave him some kind of elixir, he hasn't been talking to you.. Just this occasional walks and exchanging of stares with each other.

You were pretty sure that the effects wore off since the real Kusuo is like this... But for some reason, him not talking to you at all made your stomach felt like twisting.

"Did I do something wrong?" You suddenly asked, grabbing Kusuo's attention. However he just stayed silent. Your sight dropped to the ground, pissed with the actions that he was showing to you yet confused at the same time also. You wanted to scream at him so bad but for some reason, you just can't.

You felt something warm brushing against the back of your hand and it was not long when you realized that it was his own slowly being attached with yours. However, you were still in the state of frustration that you took your hand away from him.

He halted his steps before placing his palm on your shoulder, stopping you with your tracks and guiding you to face him.

"That's what's wrong, (Y/N)... You're too.. afraid of having to be seen with me." He trailed, his face showing no signs of emotions. You blinked your eyes in confusion, sliding his hand away from your shoulder.

"What?" You gritted your teeth, anger lacing in each of your words. He took steps closer towards you, you backing away until you felt the wall hit against your back.

"Do you... hate me that much?"

"Are you kidding me? You're the one who's afraid of getting attention. You even treat me like a stranger inside the classroom." You pointed out, your hands now placed on his chest out of instinct.

"It's because I don't want to cause trouble to you."

"Kusuo, I'm already aware that my life would be a hell lot harder the moment I agreed to go out with you.. so don't you dare make that excuse on me." He pursed his lips, heat starting to settle in his face and a weird feeling consuming him; a better feeling than having to see his most favorite delicacy being served in front of him.

And he's been feeling like this ever since he found out that he's slowly falling for you...

"What.. What do you want me to do?" He mumbled, both of you now staring on each other's eyes.

"I don't know..." You looked away, embarrassment starting to crept on your cheeks, getting conscious with his stares.

"..maybe start appreciating the fact that you... already have me." You confidently stated, now battling your inner self for acting so idiotic and saying those awkward words to him. 

You felt his hand placed on your cheek before you were brought to face him again.  He had a small smile hanging on his lips as he inched his face closer and closer towards you and for the first time, you were not debating to punch him.

Just a second later, you felt the warmth of his lips being placed against yours and instead of your eyes widening in shock, it slowly fluttered close, the butterflies on your stomach now not making any effects on you as you just nurtured the moment.

Without breaking the kiss, you heard Kusuo's voice inside your head. It ofcourse shocked you but you were too focused on the event happening this moment that you didn't questioned how you just heard him talk without seeing his lips move away from you.

'I love you, idiot... Don't you dare forget about that'