✓ || 1 self confession

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"Listen, Julie.. I like you."

"I.. I like you too, R."

Screams, hollers and squeals bombarded all the areas of the gymnasium as the main characters of the play that whole school was watching finally confessed to each other.

You could feel your veins on the verge of popping as you tried so hard to write your laboratory report on your lap that was destined to be passed at 5pm. Classmates who were unfortunately assigned to be seated next to you occasionally elbowed you accidentally due to too much excitement.

"Why the hell are they not worrying for their reports." You grunted, eyeing all the people around you who seem to not care about their academics.

"Is there something that's bothering you, Julie?"

"Nothing, R... It's just that.. I'm so lucky to have you."

You swore your stomach just groaned in frustration after hearing another set of the most cringiest and cliche lines that are present in any cheesy romance novels, books or even in plays. It was so overused that even the responses are getting too predictable and boring for you.

You tried making your brain focus on the words that you should write on your paper as an ear piercing scream passed through you. It was irritating how your classmates react on things that are this petty. I mean... it's just a play.

'Ahhh shoot.. I forgot the formula?!?' You scrunched your eyes in desperation to remember the things your teacher said earlier. You swear if you get a low grade in this one, you'll choke all of your classmates one by one.

After what seemed like forever, the play has finally come to an end and in an instant, students rushed their way out of the place. Some of them were chanting on how good the play is while some of them are talking on the possible things they can do after since it's already dismissal.

You, on the other hand, is struggling to finish the conclusion on your report while walking towards the designated area to pass it. Only four minutes is left until 5 and you're not willing to see an F mark on your semestral grade.

You could already see your teacher getting ready to exit the faculty room and that alone motivated you to run like a madman towards her while shouting desperately for her name to get her attention.

"H-HEY! MS. ICHIRO! WAIT!" Her head whipped towards your direction, her eyebrow raised when you arrived right in front of her while panting like a thirsty dog.

"I--Repor---Lab!" You handed your paper to her right before your rested your hands on your knees to catch up with your breath. She thoroughly scanned the pages in it and patiently waited for you to firmly stand up and face her.

"Ms. (L/N).. Why are you passing this to me?"

"H-huh? Wha-What do you mean, ma'am?" Huge amount of sweat came rolling down form your forehead as you looked at her in confusion. A small smile was plastered on her face as she patted your shoulder in a manner of amusement.

"This is due next Monday, at 5pm.. not this day. But still.. Good job though." You could feel your blood draining towards your toes as you helplessly watch your teacher have her departure.

You really need to clean your ears sometimes..

You trailed your way out of the school building, your energy slowly flowing out of you and you're trying so hard to not just fall asleep while walking. Your sight was grabbed by a bench placed on the school field and you never felt so happy in your whole existence.

You marched your way towards the wooden yet aesthically designed seat and just sat there, enjoying how sitting magically lessened the fact on how physically drained you are.

Kusuo, who just miraculously escaped the hold of Teruhashi, breathed out a barrel of air, finally relaxing after a day of disastrous events.

He tightened his grip on the strap of his bag, making his way out of the campus until a familiar sight caught his attention. There he caught a glimpse of you staring blankly on nothing. He can't seem to not notice you being troubled as he is and without any hesitation in his thoughts, he sat beside you.

You were too busy letting all the stress out of your body that you haven't noticed the bench moving. Kusuo took a good look on your face and noticed heavy dark circles underneath your eyes.

"You look.. horrible."

"Thanks." You still didn't break your gaze away from the stone pavement, ignoring the boy who's only a few inches away from you.

"Are you even thinking in the first place?" He added, scrunching his eyebrows in an irritated manner as he didn't saw you even made a flinch when his tone sounded a little more bland compared to what it used to be.

"Thank you." You simply responded, trying to hint him that you're not planning on making this conversation even longer. This got him frustrated, not entirely getting on why you're acting like this.

He placed his hand on the top of your head, before guiding it to face towards him, both of your sights now connected with each other.

"What the hell is wrong with you." Instead of a proper reply, what he received from you is a series of laughs. He slowly let your head go and just waited for you to finish your weird laughing session.

"You should definitely see the look in your face! It was as if you wanted to kill me!" You got ahold of your stomach, tears on the verge of falling from your eyes. He rolled his eyes in annoyance as he looked away, hiding the fact that he was semi happy for seeing you only faking the stressed aura and was actually fine all along.

What he didn't know is that you're actually tired... You just felt joyful because of his presence and you don't have any single clue on why you're feeling this way.

"I was on the verge of killing you." He hissed, crossing his arms around his chest. He whipped his head towards you when he didn't hear your annoying snickering anymore and only to find you already sleeping.

"Huh.." A small smile took over his face as he found himself amused over the fact that you can easily sleep even in a time like this.

He slowly rested his hand on your cheek before caressing it ever so carefully to avoid waking you up.

It was unlikely of him to act this way but whenever he's around you, he can't seem to control his self. He hated the fact that he acted so foolish and idiotic..

But he never hated the fact that you were the reason behind all of this..

He inched his face even closer towards you, silently observing on how peaceful you look like when you're resting.

"Good grief.. You officially got me, idiot.."