✓ || 1 warm night

It's pathetic that the school announced to the students that they will be taking a day from the spring break for a useless traditional school dance. Couples and lovebirds of the campus were quite excited to spend a night with their partners while the single people were all devastated to look for a pair since it was needed to have one.

Not to mention, it was compulsory to join or else there will be some complications in the students' homeroom grade since this event is considered as the subject's performance task.

It was a stupid and despicable idea, but not anyone of the students can tell their opinions due to the principal being persistent to make it happen.

Kusuo lazily stared on the object in front of him as his mother was busy fixing his hair. It seems like she was the one going to the dance due to her excitement.

"Kuu! You're so cute!" She squealed while rubbing her son's cheeks. Kusuo grunted, trying to calm his self. He swore to everything that exists that it was against his will to join but since not attending to this stupid occasion would cost his title as an ordinary student, he has no choice but to bite the bullet.

After what seems like a day, his mother finally let him leave the house. The dance will be starting at 7pm and he still has to fetch his partner. Upon arriving outside the girl's house, he lightly placed a knock against the wooden door.

"AH SAIKI! I'm so sorry for the mess! My siblings just got into a fight on who's gonna have the last piece of sushi.. so ahh.. I kinda ate it to stop them from fighting." A huge smile was painted on his partner's face as she wiped the bits of food away from her cheeks. She was wearing a simple navy blue dress yet she honestly still look quite good in it.

Mera was actually Kusuo's partner since she's the best option so far. He doesn't want to spend the night with those girls who were crazy obsessed for him..

And you already had a partner

He simply nodded with the red hair's statement before signing her that they should start to get going. Since the school was just a walking distance from Mera's residence, the two of them already arrived after a solid fifteen minutes of walking.

Once they entered the school gym in where the dance was held, students wearing sparkling and elegant suits and gowns came to view. Some boys were all cramped in a certain corner,  and so are the girls in the other corner of the building.. maybe they were too embarrassed to actually face their dates for the dance.

Teruhashi was not in the view, which was a good thing.. Her brother must have not let her join the dance and would just look for a way for the school to not expel his sister.. or maybe the fact that Kusuo didn't asked her hurt her pride so much that she decided to just stay at her house.

"THEY'RE SERVING FRIED SHRIMPS! FRIED SHRIMPS!" Mera excitedly chanted while shaking Kusuo's body. The pink haired teen just looked at her blankly, clearly showing less interest in the events happening currently. She excused herself and went to the buffet area, leaving her partner behind.

Kusuo breathed out a sigh as he once again became irritated with the noisy surroundings. He went towards the back door of the gym before exiting towards the school's field in where no one was around. 

He decided that he'll just go back in the gym once the principal starts to check the attendance or when Mera starts to look for him, in which he bet has a small possibility to happen since she's already too busy eating.

"Oi! Saiki Kusuo!" His back stiffened upon the mere mention of his name and for some reason, his heart beat began to rapidly race. He whipped his head towards the direction of the speaker only to find you grinning at him ever so widely.

He didn't gave any response to you and just continued to observe your figure running towards him. Your face seemed so bright with excitement when you saw him.. but something was off with you...

You're just wearing pajamas

"Oh ho ho.. You finally decided to wear something nice, huh?" You teased, wiggling your eyebrows in the process. He just simply rolled his eyes and ignored your remark.

"What kind of person actually wears pajamas on a school dance? Your partner must be damned frustrated." He mumbled, his voice plain and uninterested.

"Partner? nah.. I actually forgot that today's the dance.. And I was just planning to sneak some snacks from the vendo here since it's super cheap compared to the other stores. Unfortunately, a guard caught me and reported me to the principal.. So yeah, I have no choice but to join while wearing this."

Kusuo can't entirely believe that someone like you actually exists... but what he was more disturbed with was the fact that you seemed to be blank when he asked you about your partner.

"Didn't you have a partner?"

"Nope.. Why would I have one if nobody asked me in the first place." His attention seemed to be caught by this as he found his self taking a step closer towards you.

"What about Kaidou?"

"What about him?" You furrowed your eyebrows as you started to slowly back away since he was inching closer and closer that it made your spine feel all tingly.

"Aren told me that he was supposed to ask you.. but you were with Kaidou already."

"What? Really? There must be a misunderstanding then.. Kaidou told me that he can't come beca-" Your sentence was cut when you felt his hand on your chin, guiding you to face him.

"If I asked you, would you accept me?" Your eyes began to widen with his sudden question, your cheeks now starting to burn in embarrassment. He then wrapped his other free arm on your waist, pulling your body towards his.

"W..What kind of question is that?" You nervously released some laughs as you tried to shift your gaze anywhere but him.

"Good grief, (Y/N).. Answer me." You blinked your eyes in his sudden change of expression, heart beating even faster.

"I.. I guess? I.. I don't know.. You didn't asked me s-so how should I kn-"

"Dance with me. Just once." He rested his forehead on your shoulder, both of his arms now wrapped around your waist.

"Eeeeeh, you already have a partner.. Don't be that poly-" Even though you were stuck in such an awkward situation, you still tried to make the situation funny for you to avoid dying from your own bashfulness which was consuming you alive.

"She already snuck out of the dance after putting all the food in her bag." You were supposed to ask him on how he knew that but you were cut off by him now putting his forehead against yours, his chest heaving up and down.

Kusuo doesn't know how he ended up being like this around you. He hated the fact that you were able to control him so easily when no one, not even his parents, could make him act like this. It sucks to not be able to control his own, but for some unidentified reason, he liked the way you made him feel this way.

"(Y/N)..." His warm breath brushed against your neck as the tip of his lips once again touched yours and you can't help but to feel like melting yet oddly in the best way possible.

His next statement surprised you so much that your mind was unable to process it. You swear if you get the chance, you would get your revenge on him.. but for now, you seem to fail in hiding the fact that you were so embarrassed because of his silly actions.

But for some reason, you actually don't mind him acting like this and making your heart flutter ever so childishly...

"How do you make me feel this way?"