𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙣; 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

dick grayson will always be there for you, he tolerated pain a lot more than you think. He may not know the struggles you are facing but bear in mind that he will not leave you to suffer, he doesn't care once his with baby he will listen and help you as much as he can because he knows you will do the same for him.

DICK GRAYSON shouldn't have invited you to the GALA. Yet, you, his best friend disagreed when he said if you will not go then he won't also. As you know, Bruce Wayne's GALA is important to him and he expects his sons, all of them I assume, to grace the party with their presence.

Of course, you don't want your best friend to be scolded by Bruce or Alfred for that matter. So, you... agreed... that you will go with him...reluctantly. This shocked Grayson. He knows you get random anxiety/panic attacks especially when it comes to crowded places. So he asked her, "Are you sure...?" He carefully asked and you timidly nod.

"Yeah..." You said softly as you rubbed the skin of your pointy finger with your thumb. Your habit didn't go unnoticed. Dick gradually went close to you and took both of your hands, instead of yours, he used his thumbs to gently rub your sudden warmth hands.

"(y/n)..." He called out your name softly, worry lingers on his deep blue eyes. You smile small and gently shook your head. "I don't want you to get scolded by your dad Dick... i'll go with you since... you invited me.." I can feel my cheeks flush yet feel my heart palpitate and he must have noticed it too.

He gently escorted me to his bed, as we both sat at the edge. "(n/n)... shh... look at me." My breathes are now short and my (e/c) eyes are brimming with tears as I gaze at Dick. He smiles softly and used his other hand to caress my (h/l) (h/c) hair. "Okay... follow my breathing... breathe in... breathe out..."

I try & try to match his breathing... Dick continues to caress your shivering hands while the other now soothingly rub circles on your back. He then notice that despite the unmatched breathes, you are gradually breathing well. "That's good (n/n)..." You stiffly nod as he continues to aid you.

Where minutes turned into hours, you are at least calm now. Dick who was sitting beside you the whole time, kneel in front of you, gently putting his manly hands on your cheeks. "... better..?" He asked you softly and you hummed as a response. Your small shaking hands hovers his, Dick smiled at your small affection he is receiving.

A comfortable silence embraced his room, just your breathes mingling together... Dick continues to adore you while you still try to let yourself be at ease as much as you can. He may experience worse than you but he would never ever let yourself struggle alone. That's what you like about him so much...

He was never forceful to you, he was always patient with you, he was like your guardian angel that you could never have but here he is... comfortably knelt in front of you, where his calloused hands affectionately strokes your tear stained cheeks.

As the ticking clock continues to tell time, Dick was the first one to break the silence. "Do you... still want to... go..?" He asked gently and you took a small puffs of breath and slowly nod your head while looking at him. "Yes.." You answered short and Dick nodded.

He gently pulls you to stand up from his bed and smile. "I got something for you." He said as he waited for you to remove your hands from his. Once you tenderly let go of his hand, he hurriedly opened his closet and took a box that is neatly wrapped.

Dick was now in front you and he put the box in your still shivering hands, letting his linger with you for a moment. "... What's this..?" You asked and notice your voice has gone hoarse. Dick chuckled and took his reusable bottled water out of his gym bag and lent it to you. "That's your dress."

Your eyes widen when he bought a dress for you. "Aw, Dick... you shouldn't have... really.." He shook his head and kissed your forehead. "But I want to.." He said smoothly as he rubs your shoulders that are not much stiffed than previously.

Dick saw her blush as she pulls the box in front of her chest closer to which he thought was so cute of you. He then lovingly gaze at her which made you smile small and your heart thump loud in your ears but not deafening.

"Do... you want to get dress now..?" He asked slowly... hesitantly, you nodded yet his soft smile made you confident... somehow that you can handle it. "I'll change at the guest bathroom, I'll come back for you... is that okay?" You hum in response as Dick smiled again.

Both of you are the GALA now. You are just standing by the sides, as much as possible avoiding crowded areas, yet you politely talk to people who wants to have a conversation with you. But you can't deny that your heart is again, palpitating.

Dick... was mesmerized by you and your dress. The dress he bought for you fit you perfectlynonicely. Your (h/l) (h/c) hair loosely styled into a messy bun, you just naturally used a lip tint to shade your eyelids and let your beautiful (e/c) eyes shine, with soft cheeks and lips glow like a blooming rosy color.

Your glittery (f/c) off-shoulder dress that reaches the fancy ground and covers your (f/c) heels, outshines the other guests. You are magnificent and Dick wished you could see that to yourself too. Noticing that you are getting awkward by the unneeded attention, he walk towards you while holding a champagne.

"Hi (n/n)." He called out your nickname and sigh in relief when he then accompanied you and went somewhere, far away from all the fancy people. He escorted you to their balcony, where the moonlight shines both at you.

"I know we are at a party that we don't like to be at..." You giggled as you noticed him being suddenly nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck. "We will try to talk but.. we might or can't hear ourselves." He looks at you, wanting to know if you want to hear what he wants to say, you curtly nod. "How are you doing?"

He asked with care and you answered him honestly, "With all these people around... I'm crippled with anxiety.." Dick frown but you smiled at him. "But... i'm told its where i'm supposed to be.." He was now confused as you giggled. "You know what... It's kinda crazy... 'cause I really don't mind." You went closer to Dick as you gently lean your head on his shoulders.

He was shocked yet... feel giddy on the inside. "... And you make it better like that..." Grayson fully smiled as he pulls you closer to him as both of you just appreciate the scenery, especially him, whose scenery is just beside him.

𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚!
I tried to understand how clinical anxiety or panic attacks happens, I advocate mental health yet please let me know or correct me too, shared knowledge is better than ignorance. To people whoever experiences anxiety, I am willing to hear you out or listen to you too. Thank you and I would like again to welcome new & old readers to my imagination gig;
(p.s: do you guys like a story with music? please let me know in the comments 💙)