Chapter 2 - The Boys Volleyball Team

"Hinata-kun", Kimiko shouted out when she saw him walking by

"Hinata-kun", Kimiko shouted out when she saw him walking by. Running, she caught up to the orange haired boy.

"Do you know where the volleyball gym is?" She inquired.

"Y-yes, I-I'm heading there right now", Hinata stammered nervously. 

"Ah, that's great! I'll just follow you then Hinata-kun", she said happily, clasping her hands together.
The two first years walked to the gym together.

As they entered, Kimiko heard several thumping noises, which she figured to be coming from volleyballs. Immediately she was greeted with two boys.

"Are you a new manager?" The boy with shaved hair asked excitedly.

"WE HAVE ANOTHER GODDESS!" The shorter boy shouted.

"Sorry senpais, I'm not a manager", Kimiko smiled sheepishly.

"Tanaka, Nishinoya!", another guy shouted, running up to the three. "Sorry about that, my name is Sawamura Daichi, captain of the volleyball team", he introduced. "I'm Nishinoya Yu", the brunette stated proudly. "And that's Tanaka."

"It's fine, I'm Kimiko Udai, nice to meet you all", Kimiko quickly replied, sweating.

"Udai? Are you related to Tenma Udai?" A bleach blonde man asked her. "You do resemble him. I'm coach Ukai."

"Actually, Tenma is my brother", she responded, causing a ginger to perk up.

"The Tiny Giant's little sister huh?" Coach Ukai started, "Are you joining the girls volleyball team?"

Kimiko flinched, "Unfortunately the girls volleyball team at Karasuno is full already". 'Even if it wasn't full I doubt I'll be able to play again with other girls', she thought with a grim expression.

"You can join the boys team", Ukai suggested, "I'm interested in your capabilities as a Udai."

"Is that even allowed?", she puzzledly looked at them.

"It's weird, but there's no actual rule stating that girls can't join. Why don't you hop in and play with the boys a little when the Neighborhood association arrives for a practice match. If you have enough skill I don't see why you can't join".

Kimiko nodded, agreeing to his offer. Of course she wasn't going to turn down a practice match after being volleyball deprived for 3 months. Plus, the doctor had told her that she'll be fine as long as she avoids playing volleyball with other girls.