Chapter 12 - Oikawa Tooru's favorite food is milk bread (Day 3)

"Kimiko-chan?"

"Kimiko-chan?"

Tooru Oikawa stared at the girl before him, wondering what she was doing at his dorm room. "I got a text from Iwaizumi-san asking me to check if you were still alive since you weren't responding to his messages. I heard you were sick", she told him as he motioned for her to step inside.

He sat down on his bed, studying her as she made her way over to the counter to place her stuff down. "So did Kimiko-chan come all the way over just to check up on me?", he playfully teased. Kimiko rolled her eyes, "Yes actually, and you should be resting instead of smirking at me right now."

"Fine", he breathed exasperatedly, falling down into his bed. He closed his eyes only for them to jolt back open when he felt something light on his forehead. "You have a fever", Kimiko said worriedly, placing down a wet washcloth on his head. Then, she noticed his knee.

It was red and swollen, and by her guess, it was an old injury that never got the time to heal. "You must think of volleyball as your everything too, huh?" Kimiko trailed her fingers over the injury. It looked like his knee was injured as a result of repeated impact. It was similar to her own injury she got when she practiced her serves repeatedly. "But still, you shouldn't do this to yourself and to your body Tooru", she stared at him sadly. Not that she could talk either, considering she put herself in the hospital for a month.

The brunette puckered his lips to hold in a sniffle but his tears still leaked out. Kimiko hesitantly wrapped her arms around the setter as he clung to her, crying into her chest. His washcloth landed on her lap as Kimiko started stroking his hair in her attempt to comfort him. "Funny story, I tore my ACL and landed myself in the hospital for a whole month. The next 2 months were hell because I could barely do anything, much less volleyball", she continued to talk softly until he eventually fell asleep in her arms.

Laying him back down on the bed, she set the cloth back on his forehead before she too, fell asleep besides him.

...

Oikawa Tooru woke up to the most heavenly sight: Kimiko cooking for him.
A dreamy smile was stuck on his face as studied her figure as she opened the oven door to put in 2 trays of dough.

"You're awake", Kimiko interrupted his daze.
"O-oh, yeah", he watched as she made her way over. Then, she leaned in closer and placed the back of her hand against his head, inducing a scarlet blush from the setter. "Well, your fever went down at least!", she plopped down on the bed next to him.

"I baked some milk bread, I hope you don't mind." Oikawa perked up at the mention of milk bread and started happily tearing up. "Kimiko~", he sniffed before tackling her down into a hug, "you're being so nice to me today~".

"Well it's only because your sick, so don't get use to it", Kimiko huffed, looking the other way to hide the small blush setting on her cheeks. However, Oikawa noticed and he felt his heart rapidly speed up. It was so hard not to pounce on her when she's making an expression like that. Instead, he settled with nuzzling into the crook of her neck causing the young lady to squirm.

"Wait-stop! Don't turn around", he mumbled, gripping her tighter as she tried to move. He would lose his last shred of dignity if Kimiko saw the blushing, practically melting, mess of a man that he was in that moment. He wondered if she could feel his heart hammering against her back, or the heat that was radiating off his face and body. And even though his body felt like he was running a marathon, her presence soothed him and he found comfort in it.

"Beep!!", Kimiko practically leapt off the bed and bee-lined toward the oven. Looking through the cabinets, she was able to find a pair of oven mitts which she slipped on. She could feel Oikawa's anticipatory gaze boring into her as she pulled out the trays of milk bread and set them down on a cooling rack.

Glancing down at her shirt, Kimiko remembered what she was about to say before the oven beeped. "Hey Tooru-san, do you mind if I borrow a shirt from you? I accidentally spilled some batter on mine while making the dough and it feels kinda gross", she grimaced at the stain.

"Hmm? Sure", Oikawa responded, moving to grab a shirt from his bag. "Here", he tossed it to Kimiko who was on her way to the bathroom. After hearing her utter a small thanks, he laid back down on his bed deep in thought. 'I hope Iwa-chan is returning soon, I don't know how much longer I can hold.' But then I won't be alone with Kimiko anymore. His gut twisted at this thought. 'No, I'd rather have Kimiko all to myself', he sat back up again leaning against his arms, waiting for Kimiko to get out.

No I can't take this. He swallowed thickly when she came out. His shirt, being to big for her, slipped off on one side exposing her shoulder. Knowing that it was his shirt made it that much worse and sensual, it aroused something cardinal in him.

"I'll wash this once we get back home from this cam- oomph "

Kimiko's eyes widened not being able to process her current situation. Using one hand, Tooru pinned her arms above her while his knee parted her legs. "Kimiko", he whispered in a husky tone, towering over the small female.

"Hey! Are you feverish again?" She croaked when he moved his face closer to the point that she could feel his breath against her lips. His eyes had darkened with an almost feral glow, swarming with an emotion she couldn't completely distinguish. Clutching a pillow she threw it against his face, or at least attempted to since he was still constraining both her arms.

This caused the captain to start laughing before grabbing another pillow to throw back. Stunned, Kimiko wasn't able to react and received a pillow smack in the face. "Oh, it's on", she growled at him.

The two continued launching pillows at each other until Oikawa reached around and sandwiched her between his body and the pillow he was holding. After a moment of silence, the pair burst out laughing. Kimiko rolled off his chest as she struggled to contain her giggles. "Ok, I think I want some milk bread now after that pillow fight", she joked and headed off to retrieve the loafs from the tray.

Then she heard a knock on the door and in walked Iwaizumi and another player. "Hi Hajime-san and ... Kunimi-san?", she guessed. Kimiko recalled hearing some of the members of Seijoh referring to him as Kunimi before. Kunimi nodded and greeted her back but Iwaizumi kept staring at her. "Oh, I borrowed Tooru-san's shirt because I spilled some batter on mine", she explained once she realized what he was looking at.

"Ah, I see", the ace responded giving a look at his setter who only pouted in response. "Iwa-chan stop being judge mental, I didn't do anything. I'm sick remember?", Oikawa mocked feeling slightly offended.

"Since you guys are here, would you like some milk-bread? I baked some while I was here", Kimiko peered up at the two boys who both nodded. The four of them ended up playing crazy eights while munching on milk bread. After that Kimiko said her goodbyes and headed back to her hotel.

That night, Oikawa Tooru couldn't sleep. He had made an important discovery.

He, the infamous player of Aoba Johsai, was in love.