Chapter 9 - Stage Fright and Boys Night

Exhaling, Kimiko Udai tried to calm her nerves

Exhaling, Kimiko Udai tried to calm her nerves. Over 50 volleyball teams from schools all over Japan were out there waiting. All of them there because of an event her mom decided she would sponsor, AND make Kimiko the host of that said event. She was absolutely petrified of messing up, in front of some of the most elite volleyball teams in the Nation.

Why was all of this happening?
1. Kimiko's step-dad was crazy rich
2. Kimiko's mom had the urge to throw a huge tournament
3. The two parents both wanted to see if Kimiko was able to take control over a large event such as this one.

Kimiko managed to calm her racing heart just a bit before taking the first step onto the stage. The whole time, just praying she wouldn't trip due to her 5-inch stilettos or step on her dress, which she surprising liked a lot. As she walked up to the microphone, she could hear gasps and applauses. 'I think that means I haven't done anything terribly wrong yet.'

Then she stopped, faced the audience, and grabbed the microphone.
With a big smile, she spoke, "Welcome to this years National Volleyball Training Camp."

...

She paused, waiting for the applauses and cheering to cease.

"I am your host, Kimiko Udai. I hope you will all enjoy your stay while here. The camp will begin in 3 days, each team will have 3 matches everyday up until the 7th day. The brackets will be revealed one day before the matches begin. All the schools here will be divided into 2 sections so that there will be enough space for all the schools here today. Which section depends on which prefecture your school is in," her eyes swept the room, picking out a few familiar faces in the crowd before continuing.

"As many of you may already know, the 50 schools here today have all managed to reach the semi-finals in Inter-prelims from all over Japan. This camp is meant to prepare everyone for the Spring Nationals. Everyone is welcome to relax and enjoy their stay for the next 3 days until the camp officially starts. There will be a banquet tonight to celebrate the start off, I hope you will all attend."

"Thank you", she ended, managing to gracefully walk off the stage even as she was freaking out internally.

She felt a bit guilty about not being able to practice with Karasuno for the next week or two but it'll be better anyways since she won't be able to compete in the Spring Nationals with them. It made her feel better knowing that she had at least informed Coach Ukai on why she would be gone for a while but she hadn't gotten the chance to tell the team since she was only informed of her sudden trip to Hyogo a few nights ago when her mother called.

At the banquet ~~~

Kimiko walked around, watching all the cute volleyballs enjoying themselves.
"Kitten?" Her face paled. "Kuroo?" Turning around, her fear had manifested. Kuroo Tetsuro was standing behind her with a Cheshire grin.