Chapter 32 - Setter Invoked Jealousy

"Oh wow, your blocking is phenomenal Suna-san", Kimiko admired, narrowly sliding the ball past him in a cross court shot.

"You say that but evade it anyways", the ravenette huffed, landing back onto the ground as the ball scored.

She offered a bashful smile through her heavy breathing, repositioning herself for the next ball. What she had said wasn't a lie though; his blocking skills were truly amazing, she was just unbeatable when it came to navigating past blocks.

Now, the girl's were at match point for their second set.

Kimiko zeroed in on the ball as Komori set it to her once again, noting the slight finger adjustment the setter underwent. That was all she needed to know that it was intended for her left hand. Grinning, Kimiko jumped up at the same time as the three blockers did at the net, scanning past the triple block for an opening.

As expected, since they didn't know wether she would go for the spike with her left or right, they ended up leaving a small but deadly opening which she could barely squeeze through - but which she did anyways. Positioning her right hand for the hit as a decoy, she quickly smashed then ball down with her left in a line shot, winning the match in straight sets.

"What the hell", Suna and Osamu mumbled, staring at the spiker wide-eyed.

They'd already gotten over the shock of her being ambidextrous during their first set, but her ability to manipulate the blockers took the cake. Playing against her on the other side of the net was astronomically different from playing with her on the same side. She was more fearsome than any of them could imagine.

...

Suna didn't know why, but after the intense match he couldn't take his eyes off a certain spiker

Suna didn't know why, but after the intense match he couldn't take his eyes off a certain spiker. Maybe it was admiration, maybe it was something else.

Nevertheless, her technical skills as an ace were amazing. Half of the time it was a mind game between her and the blockers, seeing who could think faster and react faster under the pressure she brought with every spike.

"Suna, ya been staring at Kimiko-san. Do ya like her?" Akagi inquired with a knowing smirk, prompting a few different responses.

The Miyas were the fastest to react, immediately jolting their gaze to the middle blocker to gauge his answer.

"Of course not", was Suna's indifferent response, but the blush that dusted his cheeks said otherwise. 'Traitor', he cursed when he felt the uncontrollable warmth rushing to his face.

"It's fine, I think I fell a little too tryin' to receive her spikes", the Libero joked, only to flinch when he felt a scorching stare directed his way. "Just... kidding?" He chuckled nervously, silently pleading that Kita would move his scrutiny elsewhere.