Chapter 5 - Strawberry Shortcake

Standing in front of the mirror, Kimiko Udai hummed to herself

Kioyko and Yachi had invited her out the day prior for some coffee at this new cafe that recently opened. She was a bit surprised actually, since she didn't exactly have a bunch of time to hang out with the two managers yet. But she was happy that they invited her, it would be nice to have some more girlfriends.

Finally settling on a plaid dress with a cozy turtleneck layered underneath, she checked her phone for time. 'Since we aren't meeting up until a few hours later, I might as well use this time to explore around the city.' She thought while slipping on a pair of black tights and cute shoes.

She only moved to Sendai City a few weeks ago and didn't have much time on hand to check out the city.

Grabbing her beret and purse, she made her way out the door, heading towards no where in particular. She simply wanted to walk around and enjoy the view. She couldn't exactly place the reason on why she enjoyed watching a group of people joke around, giggling and nudging each other.

Maybe it was because she was a bit envious; she moved around a lot within Volleyball teams while she was living in New York. Never staying long enough to make actual friends, as a result, she often felt lonely.

As she kept walking down the street, a cake shop caught her interest. Being a huge fan of deserts, she just had to go in.

"Ding!" The door sounded as she walked in, causing many eyes to turn on her. She blushed, embarrassed at the attention.

"Look at her, she's so pretty."

"Her outfit's so cute, and that beret too. Should I ask her where she got it?"

"I dare you to ask for her number", a boy nudged at his friend.

Glancing around, her eyes settled on a pair of boys, whom she recognized from the match with Aoba Johsai. The brunette was wearing glasses now, which she found kinda hot. Getting in line behind them, she figured she would greet them to be friendly. "Hi setter-san and ace-san", she attempted, realizing she had no clue what their names were. Luckily the pair just laughed, much to her relief.

"You can call me Tooru-kun, this is Iwa-chan", the brunette said playfully.

"Alright, Tooru-Kun and Iwa-chan, it's nice to see you here. You can call me Kimiko", she responded causing both boys to flush.

"Please call me Hajime instead of Iwa-chan", the latter coughed, glaring at Oikawa, causing Kimiko to sweat drop.

"What brings a pretty girl here today?" Oikawa asked in a flirty tone. "To buy cake", Kimiko deadpanned. This caused Iwaizumi to chuckle earning a pout from the Seijoh captain.