Chapter 34 - Scarves and Milk

Kimiko walked down the bright streets of Tokyo with a slight bounce to each step

Kimiko walked down the bright streets of Tokyo with a slight bounce to each step. It was currently evening so the sun was beginning to set while the streets lights were just starting to flicker on.

Weirdly enough, the two sources of light made the city look characteristically peaceful, just like her mood. Sure after two intense matches and sleeping on a bus for the ride back to Tokyo, she was pretty physically exhausted, but mentally, she felt very refreshed.

Although, another 2 hour train ride back to Miyagi was sure to ruin that. To Kimiko however, that was irrelevant at the moment and she decided instead, to bask in her happiness and accept an offer which she would probably regret later on:

Saturday Night at the Tokyo Karaoke Bar, with the most iconic squad.

Oikawa Tooru, Kuroo Tetsuro, and Bokuto Kōtarō.

'The vibe they give off together is just so immaculate', she mused internally before fumbling with her phone to make sure she had the right address to Akaashi's house. She still had his scarf from the other night and needed to get it back to him.

If Kimiko was being completely honest, the thought of waiting a little longer to return the borrowed scarf had crossed her mind a couple of times on the bus ride home. It was unbelievable cozy and actually smelled quite nice, like clean laundry but with a hint of outdoorsy. But that wouldn't be fair to Akaashi who probably liked the thing just as much; not to mention, she already had a surplus of scarves from her winter New York collection she hauled with her to Japan.

"I think this is the right one", she mumbled to herself, approaching a generously sized house with a tidy front yard garden.

Ringing the doorbell, she waited patiently for the door to slide open, half preparing for a middle age woman with a bad day to come out and beat her with a cane stick instead.

"Kimiko? What are you doing here?" A soft voice called out while the door slid open, revealing the pretty ravenette setter.

"Thank goodness I got the right house", she exhaled in relief after seeing the setter clad in a loose, navy hoodie and sweats. "Hi Keiji! Is Mrs. Akaashi-san home?"

Akaashi responded with a shake of his head. "She normally doesn't get home from work until", he tilted his head back to check the clock inside his home, "about half an hour later."

"Aw, I was going to say hi, that's too bad", she frowned before remembering what she came for. "Oh right, thanks for letting me use your scarf Aka- Keiji", she corrected, taking the scarf out of her bag before a mischievous smile crawled up her face.