Chapter 13 - Kuroo Tetsurou (Day 4)

"Lev!", Kimiko called out making her way over to Nekoma

"Lev!", Kimiko called out making her way over to Nekoma. "I didn't know you went to Nekoma", she stated, giving a wave to the spiker as she walked over. This caused everyone else to stare in confusion, wondering how their newbie player new someone like her. "Kimiko!", the tall male responded cheerfully, bounding over to give her a hug.

"That isn't fair, how come even a newbie like him gets a hug from a pretty girl before I do?" Yamamoto cried out in distress while a cloud of depression loomed over him. His teammates only sighed, shaking their heads in respect for their fallen comrade.

Kuroo glared at the two hugging with a deep set scowl planted on his face. Walking over, he grabbed Lev's shoulder to pull him away from Kimiko. "Well you see, he recently transferred over to Nekoma High", Kuroo responded, his face contorting into a forced smile. "Hmm, I see", Kimiko nodded.

"Also, what have you been eating Lev? You weren't this much of a giraffe the last time I saw you."

This caused some people from Nekoma to put their hands over their mouths in an attempt to silence their giggling.
Lev made a face at Kimiko, "that was mean of you, you're just jealous of my height". The brunette only smiled in response, "I was joking ~, anyways, I'm kind of excited to see how good you are".

The spiker started sweating bullets at her statement, not wanting to utterly fail by missing a spike in front of his female friend. However, Kuroo had the opposite reaction, chances are, Lev would miss a few sets and Kimiko would look at him instead of that new wanna be ace.

...

Kimiko could barely hold back a chuckle when Lev missed a set from Kenma for the 4th time, which resulted in the latter giving an annoyed glance at the spiker. 'Though his height is a huge advantage, his playing is still like that of any basic player. He'll get better soon though', she smiled and leaned her face against her hands.

Now that she was watching Nekoma play from afar instead of on the court, she could see just how strong they were. While they didn't have a flashy star member, everyone (with the exception of lev 😭) had solid receiving skills. No matter what, they were able to connect the ball and get it back up. As long as the ball hasn't touched the ground, the game won't end.

Her eyes trailed over to their Kenma after hearing cheers from Nekoma's side. She had a certain fascination with setters; a lot of them were schemers, like Kageyama and Oikawa. Kenma was too, she noticed right away when Karasuno had their practice match against Nekoma. His eyes were quick and sharp, scanning over the court like she always does.

Yaku (the libero) received the ball, passing it to Kenma. 'He's going to set it to Yamamoto most likely', Kimiko thought expectantly.