Chapter 31 - Snowy kisses

"Brrr", Kimiko shivered as the storm of snowflakes continued their assault, melting as soon as they touched her heated skin

After the match with Shiratorizawa, she had a craving for bakery fresh milk bread. So what was she doing right now? Eating bakery fresh milk bread, at 10pm, alone, in the midst of a snow flurry.

"Why?"

"Just felt like it", She responded absent mindedly before jumping up in fright.

When did another person get there? She didn't sense their presence at all. Judging by the low pitch of the voice, the person was probably a male. Her breath hitched and she prayed it wasn't another knife-wielding middle aged man again.

Panic arose within the spiker as her eyes struggled to focus on a dark, unknown figure due to the ample light provided. When she managed to pick out downy black hair and ocean blue eyes, the weight on her chest disappeared.

"Akaashi?" She whispered faintly, her voice coming out in an airy tone due to the coldness.

His deep chuckle soothed her racing heart and a puff of smoke lofted into the chilly air. "What are you doing out here, you're worrying me Kimiko."

"I wanted Milk bread", she explained, holding out the bun to the setter with a cheeky smile. "Do you want some?"

The ravenette sighed at her simplistic response, ruffling the brunette's hair tenderly. "I'll pass", he mumbled, letting his fingers fall down to caress her strawberry red cheeks that had turned cold from the constant gushes of wind and snow.

He tugged at the scarf wrapped around his neck, undoing it slowly while Kimiko started to shake her head in disapproval.

"Hey, no! You should keep i- mpmh", she protested while Akaashi wrapped his wooly scarf delicately around her neck, making sure to cover her mouth in the process to muffle her babbling.

Once he let go, Kimiko pulled the scarf down past her mouth so she could speak again.

"I told you it was fine", she mumbled, staring down to the white dusted pavement. "Now you're going to be all cold, Akaashi."

He found the concern laced in her words adorable, and a warm, fuzzy feeling quickly spread throughout his body. The amplified pounding of his heart drumming in his ears intensified as their silence dragged on.

His lips parted before pressing shut and he seemed to hesitate about saying what he wanted to say.

"Why do you still call me and Bokuto by our last names?" He finally asked in a soft tone.