Chapter 35 - Bokurokawa

Kimiko's hand reached out for her phone, flipping it over on her desk stand and peering over to check the time when the screen lit up

5:20 pm, still an hour left before she had to leave since they weren't meeting up till 8pm.

As much as she was growing sick of taking the train everywhere, she was going to have to take it again. She normally didn't mind much but after spending half her week on a form of public transportation, it didn't sound quite as appealing as it used to. Nonetheless, she would suck it up because she was the one who agreed to hang out in Tokyo.

She reached into her closet, mulling over her outfit briefly before grabbing a white collared blouse along with a lace-trim satin cami and a miniskirt. Satisfied with her pick, she moved into a corner of her room to take off her T-shirt and slip on the blouse, layering her cami over the latter before tucking the satin item into her skirt.

The windows were closed and she lived alone so she could change wherever she pleased: ah yes, it was the immaculate freedom of not being constricted to changing in the bathroom only.

What could she say, living alone had it's perks sometimes.

Unbuttoning a few top buttons of her blouse to loosen the tightness, she admired her own reflection. Considering most of her week was spent wearing either her school uniform or her volleyball jersey, she looked damn good right then.

"This, is very much adequate", she hummed in approval, checking out her reflection in the mirror.

She felt good.

It could have been attributed for the fact that in the past week, she's gotten closer to with her team than she had ever been able to do with her previous teams. It may not have seemed much for others, but for her, it was a milestone that she was unable to reach for the past 7 years with her teammates.

Then again, it could have just as easily been the 'winning 5 out of 5 practice matches' that made her already, abnormal confidence skyrocket.

She should probably get it out of her system before she ended up getting in trouble.

By the time Kimiko was finished, it was already 6:10 and the Miyagi train would be leaving in 15 minutes. Slipping her keys into her skirt pocket and pulling her purse off door hanger, she debated over her footwear before settling on a cute pair of heeled booties. They were relatively short, a good 3 inches off the ground but short enough that in case April decided to be wack again and give her more snow, she would still be able to walk.

There was always something about wearing heels that she loved. Maybe it was the fact that she could strut down the street wearing shoes that most men would stumble and fall flat on their faces in.