Chapter 14 - Coffee with Terushima (Break day part 1)

"Wooo, she's pretty hot", Terushima whistled lowly to his friends as a girl walks pass

'Still not as hot as that girl on the train though', he thought sourly. Even if she was the host of the volleyball camp, it wasn't like they were going to actually meet again.

"I never expected that you were actually that crass you know", a girl spoke, causing Terushima to turn around to the source of the voice. Once he did he was shocked to the point of no words, it was the girl from the train, Kimiko Udai. She was still as beautiful as she was when he first encountered her on the train, if not more. Her hair swayed with a gust of wind as her enticing eyes drew him in. He was paralyzed in place as she continued walking, a look of disappointment on her face as she shook her head a little. "Boys are so immature sometimes", she muttered under her breath.

The 2nd year reached out and grabbed her, preventing her from walking any further. "Go on a date with me", he said in a flirty tone once she turned her attention to him.

"No", she curtly responded and attempted to continue walking.

He gripped harder, "Please Kimiko-san, just one date, one date and I'll make you like me".
This caught Kimiko's interest and she raised an eyebrow, "One date and you can make me fall for you?" She glanced behind him and saw another 5 or some boys gawking at her. She gave them a little smirk, "Johzenji's volleyball team huh? I've heard you guys are a powerhouse school from your captain", she teased causing them all to flush.

'Too easy', she directed her attention back to the blond male still holding her hand. Lifting her free hand, she slicked back a piece of untamed hair from the captain's face, careful to trail her hand slowly over his ear. She let out a small smile when his breath hitched. "So what makes you think that you wouldn't be the one falling for me, captain of Johzenji", she whispered softly in his ear. A bright blush rapidly spread over his entire face and she pulled away satisfied.

Seeing as he couldn't talk, she continued, "I'll give you one day, do amuse me Yuji-kun."

Terushima was speechless.
'Stupid, Stupid, say something, anything', he commanded himself but his mouth just wouldn't form words. It wasn't like he needed a whole day to fall for her, he already fell for her on spot the moment her hand grazed over his face. He took a deep breath to try and calm his racing heart before speaking.

"Let's do Sweets cafe at 3pm".

...

Terushima leaned back in his chair and let out a breath of air. He couldn't even flirt with anyone because of his nerves, just the thought of being on a date with Kimiko alone was more nerve wracking than anything else. Every encounter with her, from the train, to seeing her on stage, left him wallowing in emotions to extremities he never felt before.