Chapter 27 - Macarons

Warning: Kissing

"Osamu? What are you doing here? And how do you know where I live?" Kimiko questioned, opening the door to see the stoic face of Inarizaki's wing spiker.

"Atsumu told me", He responded nonchalantly, taking off his baseball cap to run a hand through his disheveled locks. What he said wasn't a complete lie, he just decided to keep the details to himself and save Atsumu from embarrassment since he did give him an excuse to find Kimiko after all.

What actually had happened was that he overheard his brother and the orange hair chibi from Karasuno having a nice chat. Though it was really more like Atsumu intimidating the smaller boy to the point where he was stumbling over his words and stuttering incoherently. While it was a petty tactic to milk out Kimiko's address, Osamu had to admit his appreciation for Atsumu's stupid ploys.

Kimiko blinked, realizing that the spiker was still standing outside in the cold. "You could come in if you'd like to. Tenma just left to buy some more powdered sugar since I'm almost out", she offered, beckoning him in. "Also, could you close the door? I had to open it with my elbow since my hands are covered in flour", she stated before trotting back over to the kitchen, figuring that he came over because of a certain blond setter.

She and Tenma never fought that often, were they just special?

Obliging, Osamu shut the door behind him as he walked in, taking note that Kimiko, in fact, had a lot of flour on her hands.

Almond flour to be precise.

...

Osamu watched as Kimiko moved from cabinet to cabinet, strangely entranced by how her loose ponytail would bounce with every small whirl of movement

"Found it!" Kimiko hollered joyfully, relieved she finally found her electric mixer. The macarons were already baked and sitting on the wire cooling racked, waiting to be filled with the buttercream filling she was going to make.

She turned around to see Osamu already cutting the room temp. butter into smaller chunks, letting them fall into the large mixing bowl one piece at a time. Grinning widely, she pranced up to the twin, grateful for another fellow baker who actually knew what he was doing. It was a little surprising when she found out as he didn't seem much like the cooking type, but thinking about it closer, it made sense. The guy was practically married to food.

With her hand firmly gripping the bowl, she flicked the mixer on and started creaming the butter while Osamu helped sift in the powdered sugar. Unfortunately, he got a bit distracted by Kimiko's enthusiasm and put a little too much effort into sifting, resulting in powdered sugar flying up in the air in puffs of cloudy smoke.