1. ARE THEY THE ONES WITH THE BEAKS?

| CHAPTER ONE |

ARE THEY THE ONES WITH THE BEAKS?

THE FIFTEEN YEAR OLD METAMORPHMAGUS walked through the corridors of the Hogwarts Express. Her green eyes scanned each compartment quickly for any sight of her friends. Her boot-cladded feet finally came to a stop when she spotted the familiar lilac hair of her best friend (and fellow metamorphmagus) Nymphadora Tonks; otherwise known as Tonks.

She then spotted their other best friend; Eric Reynolds sitting opposite the lilac haired girl. Besides him was Hugo Greenwood; Ophelia's boyfriend of almost six months. With a happy grin spreading across her face, the pink haired girl slid the compartment door open, quickly grabbing the attention of her friends who all greeted her warmly.

Hugo stood up from his seat and helped the shorter girl place her suitcase up in the overhead compartment before pressing a longing kiss on her plump lips. Eric moved over to sit besides Tonks as the couple took the free seats opposite. 

"How was your summer, Lia?" Tonks questioned with a wide grin etched upon her heart-shaped face.

The pink haired girl beamed, "It was amazing!" She exclaimed, "We adopted a Kneazle. Checkers. He's so cute. I've got a photograph of him," Ophelia added before reaching into her jacket and pulling out a moving photograph of her and the Kneazle. She showed it to Hugo first, quickly picking up on the fact that he visibly winced, "What's wrong?" 

"Oh, nothing," The Ravenclaw boy said, shaking his head slightly, "They just creep me out."

Ophelia's smile faltered slightly, something Hugo didn't seem to pick up on, Tonks and Eric did though, "Oh," She sighed before biting her lip, not knowing what else to say.

"Let's see then," Tonks said enthusiastically, reaching over to take the photograph from her best friend's hands, "Aww, he's so cute," She cooed causing the fallen smile to return to Ophelia's face.

"He really is," Eric nodded, "Looks just like you," He teased, winking at the girl.

"Pfft, I wish," Ophelia chuckled, placing the photograph away when Tonks passed it back to her. She leaned back slightly in her seat as Hugo threw his arm around her, bringing him closer to her side. With a sheepish grin on her face she looked up at him, "What about Bowtruckles?"

Hugo glanced down at his girlfriend, a puzzled look on his face, "Are they the ones with the beaks?"

Ophelia shook her head, ignoring the snickering coming from Tonks and Eric, "No, it's the ones that look like twigs."

"Oh, yeah," Hugo nodded, chuckling nervously, "Thought so."

Ophelia didn't say anything, instead she raised an eyebrow as she awaited his response.

"Yeah, they're alright, aren't they?" He shrugged.

Ophelia bit her lip as she glanced at Tonks and Eric momentarily, "What about Nifflers?" She asked, looking back at her boyfriend, a hopeful smile on her face.

Hugo wince once again, "Nah, they're weird," He said nonchalantly. 

The smile that previously graced Ophelia's face had completely disappeared now, "B-But you said you loved Magical Creatures?" The pink haired girl asked, looking completely puzzled.

Hugo scratched the back of his neck, "I may have over-exaggerated it a little bit," He grinned at his girlfriend, squeezing her shoulder, "But it's okay, right? I only did it because you looked so happy and cute when I said I liked them."

Ophelia gulped, "Yeah, yeah, of course it is," She nodded, her tone wasn't convincing at all, however, and her best friends were quick to pick up on it.

"Why don't we girls go get changed?" Tonks suddenly asked, jumping to her feet.

"Yeah, sounds like a great idea," Ophelia nodded enthusiastically, moving away from Hugo as he looked at the two girls with a confused look, "We're nowhere near yet," The Ravenclaw pointed out, trying to reach for Ophelia's hand but Tonks was quick to grab her other one and pull her closer to the door.

"It's good to be ready early," The lilac haired girl said in a rushed voice, and before Hugo could reply and Eric could get annoyed for being left alone with the Ravenclaw, Tonks was already pulling Ophelia out of the compartment.