12. FALLING FOR ME

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

FALLING FOR ME.

OPHELIA WASN'T SURE EXACTLY HOW long they had been walking through the forest, but she knew it must've been well over an hour as the birds began chirping meaning it wasn't long before the sun would finally come out of hiding. It was even darker in the forest than when she and Charlie came out due to the insanely tall trees that enveloped them. 

They kept their wands out, using them as torches as they walked side by side. The pink haired girl stayed close to Charlie, her arm brushing over his as they observed their surroundings for any clues of a dragon or its whereabouts. She did her best to ignore her fluttering heart whenever Charlie's hand brushed hers. 

"Who exactly told you about the dragon?" She asked, breaking the comforting silence that loomed over them.

"You remember Jacob?" 

She nodded.

"His younger brother," Charlie explained, his eyes switching from the path to the girl, "I'm starting to think he lied to me though," He added, from the sound of his voice Ophelia could clearly tell he was disappointed. 

Placing her hand onto his bicep, she ignored the strange feeling that surged through her body, "I'm sure you'll find your dragon some day," She told him, smiling softly even though he couldn't see it due to the darkness.

He smiled and nodded to himself as they continued making their way further into the forest. Ophelia's hand dropped from his bicep, but as soon as she put it down by her side, she felt Charlie's much larger fingers brushing over hers. She had never been more thankful for just how dark it was out, because if it hadn't had been, there was no doubt in her mind that he would've seen how red her face had gotten (and most likely the tips of her hair too).

She couldn't focus on the path anymore as Charlie's fingers slowly wrapped around hers; as if he was testing the waters, clearly not wanting to overstep a line. To reassure him,  the pink haired girl wrapped her fingers around his hand, biting her lip to keep the smile at bay. She could practically feel his body relaxing besides her; as if her responding in such a way made him feel better. 

They walk in silence from them on. Simply enjoying each other's presence. Ophelia couldn't help herself as she began to get lost in her thoughts, thinking back to everything Tonks and Eric had ever said and her and Charlie being 'perfect for each other'. She was so deep in thought, in fact, that she didn't notice a root sticking up from the ground before it was too late and she could feel herself falling forwards, not being able to stop herself. Getting ready for the impact of the ground, she closed her eyes and let out a squeal but she she didn't hit the hard ground and instead felt as if she was upright, she re-opened her eyes, looking shocked at Charlie. 

He had managed to catch her just before her fall. His arms were wrapped tightly around her, keeping her up on her feet. His eyes watched her worriedly, "Are you okay?" He questioned, looking directly into her eyes. The lights from both of their wands illuminated their features and she was now finally able to see his gorgeously blue eyes staring deeply into her green ones. 

"Y-Yeah," Ophelia nodded, she could feel her throat drying up as her hands came to rest on Charlie's shoulders, "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me," He grinned at her, his eyes suddenly glancing down at her lips for a brief moment; something she didn't realise until that point that she was also doing to him, "I've got to catch you if you're falling for me, don't I," He chuckled. 

She bit her lip as her eyes looked back down at his lips again, her mind not thinking straight, "I suppose you do," She breathed out. 

She couldn't believe what happened next. Both of them started leaning in. It felt like some sort of scene in a romantic movie she had watched with her mum, where the man and woman take several seconds leaning in, their eyes looking deeply into each others before finally their lips meeting in the middle. 

Their bodies were pressed up close, their lips moulded together. It was perfect. They seemed to fall into a rhythm pretty quick and their lips felt like they belonged together; like puzzle pieces finally joining. He was most definitely a better kisser than Hugo, his lips were soft and he wasn't forcing the kiss to become heated, instead, they stayed in the same rhythm through out it. She felt her fingers wrapping around some of his curled locks, her mind not thinking clearly as the taste of his lips made her drunk. 

She wondered if this is how you're suppose to feel when you kiss someone. If this is what people always gush over when they explain their best kiss to their friends. She could feel herself and Charlie slowing down, their lips hesitantly moving away from each other. Their breathing was shallow and she could feel both her own heartbeat as well as Charlie's. 

Her eyes suddenly widened as fear consumed her. Last time she had given herself over to someone they lied to her, sure, she knew Charlie was nothing like Hugo, but the irrational part of her brain didn't. That part seemed to believe that no one would ever be able to love her. That she would never be enough. 

"I-I-I've got to go," And with that, the pink haired girl turned back around and began to run back towards the school, leaving a shell-shocked Charlie Weasley standing all alone in the Forbidden Forest.