18. JUST A FRIEND

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

JUST A FRIEND.

SIXTH YEAR HAD ALREADY SEEMED to be the second most stressful year of Ophelia's life (the first being fifth year, of course). It certainly didn't help that Tonks and Eric were trying to do everything in their power to make her sit besides Charlie. Sure, she wanted to sit besides the ginger haired boy, but something seemed different with him, something she couldn't put her finger on until one morning in the Great Hall.

Ophelia woke up feeling like it was going to be a good day that Friday, but how wrong she would be. As she walked into the Great Hall with Eric, ready to devour some delicious lemon pancakes she was almost immediately stopped by Tonks coming out of thin air.

"I'm starving," Ophelia pouted, trying to push past.

"Yeah, so am I," Eric nodded, looking confused at the weird side glances he received from the Hufflepuff.

"We can get food later," Tonks tried to reason.

"I don't want food later, I want it now," Eric pouted, crossing his arms over his chest like a toddler having a tantrum.

Ophelia was starving, but when her eyes looked at the Gryffindor table, trying to make out where the pancakes were at she suddenly felt sick to her stomach. Charlie Weasley was already sitting by them, an unfamiliar brunette Hufflepuff girl besides him, both of them laughing loudly. Sure, the idea that the girl was just a friend ran through Ophelia's thoughts, but when the boy reached his hand out to push a strand piece of hair behind the girl's ear, Ophelia knew that the girl wasn't just a friend.

"Oh," Eric mumbled, his eyes finally landing on Charlie and the unknown brunette. With a saddened look in his eyes, he looked back over at Ophelia, watching as the tips of her hair began turning into a deep blue shade.

"You know what..." Ophelia mumbled, stumbling back slightly, "I'm-I'm not hungry anymore," And with that the metamorphmagus rushed away from the Great Hall, her locks bouncing on her shoulders as she pushed through a wave of students. 

Eric's eyes glanced back at Charlie Weasley, anger seeping through his veins, "Well, shit."