10. CAN I SIT HERE?

| CHAPTER TEN |

CAN I SIT HERE?

OPHELIA AND ERIC WALKED INTO the greenhouse together, wide grins on their faces. The pink haired girl looked around the room, trying to find two free seats when suddenly Eric let out an excited squeal.

"What?" She questioned, turning to look at him.

"Oh, nothing," He said, a wide smirk replacing his smile, "I'm gonna go sit over next to that hunk of a Ravenclaw, why don't you take the seat besides Weasley?" Eric didn't even let her speak as he practically ran off and jumping into the seat besides a blonde Ravenclaw that barely even looked in his direction; even with the loud commotion he made.

Ophelia rolled her eyes before letting them fall onto the back of a certain redhead student. She bit her lip as she weighed out her options. She could go and sit right besides Charlie or take up a seat besides a different Gryffindor boy, one that always seemed to be chewing something or sit right behind her ex-boyfriend and his new 'candy'

So, taking in a deep breath, the pink haired girl mustered up the courage to walk over to Charlie, ignoring the stares she was receiving from Hugo and the excited look Eric held on his face.

"Can I sit here?"

Charlie Weasley glanced up, a smile graced his features, "Of course."

Ophelia ignored the strange fluttering her heart did as she placed her shoulder bag onto the ground. She could feel Charlie's piercing gaze on her as she suddenly became hyper-aware of all of her movements. Tucking a strand of pink hair behind her ear, she accidentally let her eyes move to him, biting her lip as soon as their eyes met.

"So, have you thought about the Forest invitation?" He asked, smiling warmly at her. His smile seemed to make everything feel okay. It was weird, Ophelia never realised she was a smile-type of girl, but looking at Charlie's, she couldn't help feeling as if that was becoming her new favourite thing.

"Well, I don't believe that there's actually a dragon at the Forbidden Forest," Ophelia finally spoke up, she could feel her cheeks flushing as she glanced from Charlie to her hands, "But, I will take you up on that offer."

Charlie's smile widened, "What makes you think there's no dragon there?"

"No fires. No dragon footprints. It doesn't really seem like a very dragon-friendly area," She shrugged, "But, I suppose if it's a baby, then it could be possible," She added, noticing the excited look in Charlie's eyes.

"It'd be incredible if we see one, wouldn't it?"

Ophelia nodded her head enthusiastically, "It really would. I've always wanted to see a dragon close up."

Charlie grinned, his piercing blue eyes sparkling as he watched the pink haired girl grinning, her eyes looking up as if she was in her own little world. He couldn't stop watching her, butterflies swarming his stomach. 

"Mr. Weasley," Professor Sprout's voice caught his attention, resulting in him almost falling out of his chair, "Is watching Miss. Scamander more entertaining than this lesson?"

Charlie's eyes almost bulged out of their socket, "Erm--No?"

Professor Sprout looked amused as she turned away, going back to talking about some plants that Charlie still couldn't fully concentrate on. He had finally snapped his eyes from the metamorphmagus sitting besides him, his cheeks matching his bright hair as he wished that the ground could just swallow him up whole.

Ophelia, on the other hand, couldn't stop the grin that seemed to constantly fight its way onto her face. Biting her lip, she looked down at the desk, ignoring the strange sensations that ran through her body.

AN- Thank you to -evieskenobi for the beautiful cover!