4. PREFECT

| CHAPTER FOUR |

PREFECT.

OPHELIA AND ERIC CASUALLY STROLLED through the Hogwarts corridors late at night. They - along with Tonks - had spent their evening in the kitchens, leaving well after the curfew with tired eyes and full bellies. 

"Tonks is lucky," Eric mumbled tiredly, massaging his stomach. He had decided to eat almost everything he could get his hands on, "I wish our common room was near the kitchens."

"Maybe you shouldn't have eaten your third ice cream bowl," The pink haired girl mused as she lifted her wand higher, to keep the light out of their eyes but illuminate the halls well enough.

"'Maybe you shouldn't have eaten your third ice cream bowl,'" Eric said in a high-pitched voice, trying to imitate the pink haired Gryffindor. 

Ophelia fake gasped, "I do not sound like that!"

Eric copied her actions before adding in a high-pitched voice, "'I do not sound like that!'"

Ophelia nudged her best male friend, a loud laugh escaping her lips as he stumbled before he let his side push back into the girl, earning a scolding from a couple of the portraits that scattered the walls. 

The two friends continued chatting all the way through their walk, not paying any attention to their surroundings until they rounded a corner and the green eyed girl bumped right into another body, causing herself and the mysterious person to whack their heads together; well, it was more Ophelia's head whacking the person's chin.

"Ow," The girl groaned, her hand flying up to her forehead as she massaged the spot lightly, trying to soothe it, "So sorry about that," She quickly added.

"Don't be," A familiar voice said, pain clearly visible in his voice as he rubbed his chin, "I probably should've used my wand as a better light than I did," He said with a chuckle.

Ophelia nodded as she looked up at the mysterious person, the light from her wand (which had now fallen to the side of her body) only illuminated half of the stranger's face, however, Ophelia was quick to recognise the person as Charlie Weasley.

"What are you two doing out here anyways?" The Gryffindor Prefect questioned, looking slightly amused as his eyes danced between the pair, "Way past curfew."

"Erm... We're doing what you were doing," Eric quickly said, earning nudge in the side from the metamorphmagus.

"Oh, I didn't realise that Dumbledore assigned four Gryffindor Prefects this year," The ginger haired boy said in an amused tone of voice, his eyes sparkling as he looked at the pair; more specifically, the pink haired girl.

"Yeah," Eric nodded, keeping up with his lie whilst Ophelia placed her hands over her face, "So, you better get to your dormitory, kid."

Charlie looked amused, "I should take points off of Gryffindor," He stated.

Ophelia looked at him through her fingers, "But you won't?" She asked, her voice full of hope. Their housemates definitely won't be happy knowing that both of them cost the house their points so early in the year.

"She'll go on a date with you!" Eric suddenly yelled, pointing his finger at Ophelia before he suddenly sprinted away, letting out a bunch of curse words when he almost tripped over his shoes after he emerged into the darkness of the corridors. His footsteps eventually disappearing, leaving Charlie and Ophelia standing alone in the dark corridors, the light from their wands illuminating their blushing faces.

"I--I-He..He was just joking," The pink haired girl mumbled nervously, she cursed at herself when she spotted a strand of red in her hair. 

Charlie nervously scratched the back of his neck, "That's a shame...I would've loved to have you accompany me to the first Hogsmeade visit of the year."

Ophelia suddenly felt a guilty feeling in her stomach as her mind wandered back to Hugo, who was probably sitting up in the Ravenclaw dormitory with his nose in his favourite book. Oh, how different things would've gone if the pink haired girl knew what exactly the Ravenclaw was doing at that moment. 

"Erm...I think I'm probably going to go with Hugo..." The metamorphmagus mumbled, biting her lip as she looked away from the ginger haired boy.

Charlie's face fell as he pressed the heel of his hand onto his forehead, cursing at himself internally, "Right. Your boyfriend. I'm sorry, Helia."

"No, no, don't be," She told him softly, sending him the best smile she could muster up; however, it was probably the smallest smile she had ever worn. An awkward tension suddenly rose in between the two Gryffindors, "I better get going," Ophelia finally said, breaking the silence as she refused to make eye contact with the ginger haired boy in front of her.

"Yeah, yeah, you're probably right," Charlie nodded, running his hand through his hair.

"Erm...You can take the points off," The pink haired girl muttered, as she fidgeted on her feet, "It's your responsibility."

Charlie waved his hand at her, shaking his head, "Nah, don't worry about it this time. I didn't even see you."

Ophelia felt herself smiling warmly at the ginger haired boy, her eyes watching him carefully before she cleared her throat, letting her green eyes fall down to her neatly polished shoes, "See you later, Charlie," She finally said, sending him one last smile before she walked past him, trying her best not to turn over her shoulder to glance at him, but as she reached the end of the corridor, it was like she wasn't in control of her body as her head turned to look over her shoulder.

She felt her cheeks heating up suddenly when she noticed Charlie already looking back at her. Biting her lip, the pink haired girl moved her head down as she sped walked to the Gryffindor common room.