5. SHE CHOSE ME!

| CHAPTER FIVE |

SHE CHOSE ME!

RUMOURS. THAT'S ALL THAT CIRCULATED through the school, especially at the Ravenclaw table. It was strange, most rumours at Hogwarts would die down in less than a week, not this one though, if anything it seemed to be getting bigger and bigger, to the point where Ophelia couldn't ignore it anymore.

"Why are they all still staring at me?" Ophelia mumbled, nodding her head at the Ravenclaw table in the Great Hall. It was at the far end just behind the Hufflepuffs. 

"Maybe they all fancy you," Eric shrugged as he plated another slice of bacon onto his plate, "Are they still talking about...you know?"

Ophelia nodded, "Yeah."

"And have you talked to Hugo?"

The pink haired girl nodded again, "Yeah, he's denying it all," She told her best friend, her green eyes briefly looking over to the Ravenclaw table once more before she let them fall onto her full plate. Not really feeling hungry anymore.

She had asked Hugo about the rumours the first time she personally heard them. The brunette boy did everything to deny them, giving her excuse after excuse that she wouldn't admit to him but they didn't sit well with her.

"And do you believe him?" Eric questioned skeptically.

Ophelia bit her lip, "Do you want the truth or the answer Hugo gets?"

Eric frowned, especially when he noticed the saddened look in Ophelia's usually bright green eyes, one that looked more of a dull grey now and he wasn't sure whether he was imagining that or whether it was her metamorphmagus powers coming to play.

Before he could reply, Tonks suddenly sprinted into the Great Hall and made a beeline to the lion's table, she didn't even bother to sit down as she said in a rushed voice, "You might want to see this," And with that, the lilac haired girl began sprinting back out.

Ophelia and Eric shared a confused look before both of them jumped out of their seats, only now did the pink haired girl notice how empty the Great Hall looked, especially the Gryffindor table. They followed Tonks around a corner, finding a large crowd of Hogwarts students chanting. 

Ophelia did her best to push past the much taller students, using her elbows as Eric followed her. She came to stand right besides Tonks, her eyes wide and her hands flying up to her mouth when she spotted two familiar boys standing in the middle of the crowd, one of them looking much more enraged than the other.

"I told you to stay out of my business, Weasley," Hugo spat, jabbing the Gryffindor in the chest, "When are you finally going to take the hint that she doesn't like you? Huh? She chose me! Not you!"

"Who are they talking about?" Eric questioned as he and Ophelia briefly glanced at Tonks, "Ophelia," The lilac haired girl breathed out, looking at her best friends with a worried expression etched upon her face.

Ophelia's eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets, "What?" She asked looking shell-shocked. Without letting Tonks reply, the Gryffindor metamorphmagus rushed into the middle, pushing herself right in between the two boys, looking between them with an enraged expression, "Stop it!" She yelled, pushing Hugo's chest, "What on earth were you thinking?"

Before Hugo could even open his mouth to speak the sound of Professor McGonagall rushing towards the crowd echoed throughout the corridor, causing the majority of the students to run in opposite directions, leaving Charlie, Hugo and Ophelia standing in the middle with Tonks and Eric sightly further from them.

"What in Merlin's name is going on here!?" McGonagall's voice screeched, her eyes were filled with fire as she looked between the students, mainly the Gryffindor ones.

Charlie and Hugo suddenly began talking over each other, none of their words making any sense as it all came out in loud gibberish whilst Ophelia pressed her hands against her face, closing her eyes momentarily. The only reason she re-opened them was because both boys suddenly became silent and she completely understood why when she noticed McGonagall sending them a pointed look with her hand up, shushing them.

"Detention to all three of you, for a full week," She said in a stern voice, "And ten points off your house, each."

Ophelia spotted Hugo sending Charlie a satisfied smirk whilst the ginger haired Gryffindor spoke up, "Ophelia wasn't involved in this, though," He said, keeping his eyes on their Head of House whilst Ophelia's eyes turned to him, sending him a thankful smile when he finally glanced towards her.

Professor McGonagall scoffed, "She seems like a part of it now, doesn't she," She pointed, gesturing to the fact that the girl was standing right in the middle of the two boys, "Now, what are you still doing here? Don't you have classes to go to?"