14. YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME.

OPHELIA ABSOLUTELY HATED CONFRONTATION, SO, even though she promised her best friends that she would talk to Charlie Weasley, she did everything she could to not bump into the ginger haired boy. Whenever she spotted him in the corridors she'd turn around and walk in a completely different direction. Even when she was with Tonks and Eric she did that, however, the pair would try and push her over to Charlie (which usually resulted in the pink haired girl causing a distraction and running away).

All the running away seemed to exhaust her, but not to the point of sleeping. So, on one Saturday night, Ophelia found herself sitting in the Gryffindor common room, a fluffy burgundy blanket thrown across her lap, her green eyes looking at the fire as the crackling sound relaxed her.

Her attention finally strayed from the flames when she suddenly heard the common room door opening. Her eyes widened when she spotted a certain ginger haired boy walking in, a tired look in his eyes that turned into a look of surprise when he spotted the pink haired girl, "Hi," He breathed out.

Ophelia felt her heart speeding up, "Hi."

The tension between the pair was unbearable, and it caused Ophelia to shuffle on the couch awkwardly.

"Well, I better get going," Charlie muttered, refusing to meet her eyes as he gestured to the staircase.

Ophelia bit her lip as she watched him scurry through the common room, his head down and his hands shoved in the pockets of his school robes. She didn't know what came over her as she suddenly called out his name, causing him to step dead in his tracks and finally glanced over his shoulder towards her.

"Do you..Do you have a sec?" She questioned, looking down at her hands as she fiddled nervously with her fingers.

Charlie tried to keep the surprised look off of his face, but it definitely flashed through his eyes. He would be lying if he said he didn't notice the pink haired girl avoiding him like the plague. And he would most certainly be lying if he said that it didn't hurt him. Realising Ophelia was still awaiting an answer, Charlie cleared his throat and nodded, "Yeah, yeah of course."

"I'm sorry," Ophelia breathed out after several seconds of silence, she pushed the blanket off her legs and stood up, "I shouldn't have just run off like that, especially not after we..."

"You don't need to be sorry," He told her, "I should be the one apologising. I shouldn't have kissed you, I'm sorry."

Ophelia felt a stab in her chest, "It's--It's not that," She muttered, causing Charlie to look up at her with a puzzled expression, "It's just...Urgh, this is going to sound so stupid...I'm scared."

Charlie's gaze softened as he took a cautious step forwards, "Scared of what?"

"I know you're nothing like Hugo, I know that, you're so much sweeter, but...he was my first serious boyfriend and he-he cheated on me," Ophelia explained, looking down at her fluffy socks, "I suppose I'm just scared to give myself to someone again. It's stupid because...because you're nothing like him. You're sweet, and kind, and you send me flowers every year," She smiled softly, "I think I just need some time alone, before I can trust someone else with my heart."

Charlie took a step forwards, his heart felt broken as he watched Ophelia's eyes glistening with fresh tears. She didn't deserve what happened to her. She deserved to be happy, to be with someone who cherished her and showed her just how important and special she was, "I understand," He told her, sending her a soft smile as he reached for her hand, feeling his heart speeding up when she didn't pull away, "I would wait for you forever, because you're incredible, and you deserve to be happy. You deserve the world."

Ophelia felt her smile widening, her heart fluttered in her chest as her shoulders finally felt like a huge weight just dropped off of them, "You're too good for me," She told him, using her free hand to wipe her eyes.

Charlie chuckled softly, the sound causing butterflies to erupt in Ophelia's stomach, "I think it's the other way around, love."