11. CO-PARENT

| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

CO-PARENT.

OPHELIA WASN'T SURE WHY SHE had spend well over forty minutes finding an outfit. She was just going to the Forbidden Forest with Charlie, it's not like she was getting ready for her wedding day. Smoothing out her jeans for the hundredth time, the pink haired girl finally exited the girl's dormitory. It was almost four in the morning and she felt more awake than ever.

She walked down the stairs quietly, her eyes adjusting to the darkness of the room before she spotted a small light in the corner. She grinned as the light illuminated Charlie Weasley's face. He was seated in the corner of the common room, his leg bouncing nervously as his eyes stayed focused on the staircase. A wide grin spread across his face the second his eyes landed on the metamorphmagus and he jumped up to his feet.

"Hi," He breathed out, his eyes sparkling with life as he looked at the shorter girl.

"Hi," Ophelia muttered back, pushing some of her pink hair behind her ear.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded, smiling softly at the ginger haired boy, "Yeah."

"Perfect," Charlie grinned, holding his arm out. 

Ophelia hesitated for a second before looping her arm around his, ignoring the strange sensation his touch sent through her entire body. They snook out of the Gryffindor common room, Charlie peeked his head out first, making sure the coast was clear before he encouraged the pink haired girl to follow him.

They stayed close to another another, their arms still linked which caused his bicep to brush against the top of her elbow. Ophelia was more than thankful for how dark it was out, it made it so Charlie couldn't see how bright her face had gotten. 

"So, what do we do if there actually is a dragon in there?" The pink haired girl broke the silence as they stepped outside, a shiver ran down her spine when the wind blew past. She tilted her head to the side, her bright eyes locking themselves onto Charlie's face.

He glanced down at her, chuckling softly, "I'm not entirely sure," He confessed, "I didn't think that fully through."

Ophelia couldn't keep the smile from appearing on her face.

"I suppose we look after it?"

"Charlie Weasley, are you asking me to co-parent a dragon with you?" Ophelia giggled, putting the back of her hand on her forehead she pretended that she was about to faint.

The Gryffindor Prefect beamed at her, his heart fluttering as he watched her smiling genuinely. He always loved seeing her happy; something that thanks to Hugo, hadn't happened for a while, so seeing that real grin back on her face, the sparkle in her bright eyes made him more than ecstatic.

"It seems that I am," He beamed, "Ophelia Scamander, will you be the co-parent to a beautiful baby dragon?"

"I would be more than honoured."