8. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS YOU DON'T WANT THE ANSWER TO

| CHAPTER EIGHT |

DON'T ASK QUESTIONS YOU DON'T WANT THE ANSWER TO.

A BLUE HAIRED OPHELIA SCAMANDER laid on her bed in the Gryffindor dormitories. Her face was shoved into her soft pillow as she hoped for her bed to just swallow her right up. When the sound of the door opening and closing entered her ears, she let out an annoyed groan and turned her head ever so slightly to see which of her dorm mates had entered. She was pleasantly surprised when Tonks and Eric suddenly entered, walking straight over to her bed.

"How'd you two get in here?" She asked, not moving from her position.

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to," Eric replied as he plopped himself by her feet, getting comfortable on the bed.

Ophelia raised an eyebrow and turned to look at Tonks, "A certain blue eyed Weasley helped me get in," The lilac haired girl confessed, "No idea how Eric got up those stairs though."

"Does everyone know?" The Gryffindor metamorphmagus questioned, cutting straight to the point, "Urgh," She groaned when she spotted the look Eric and Tonks shared before she mushed her face into her pillow, her short, blue locks flowing over her entire head and face like a curtain, hiding her from everyone's view.

"It's not that bad," Tonks tried comforting her, as she took a seat on the bed, placing her hand on her friend's back and rubbing it gently.

"It's embarrassing," Ophelia's voice was muffled by her pillow, but her friends still managed to pick up on every word nevertheless.

"Was he really...?" Eric asked out of genuine curiously, ignoring the glare he received from the Hufflepuff.

Ophelia lifted her head up, strands of bright blue hair sticking to her forehead and cheek as she looked at Eric, "Was he really standing there with his tongue down that Slytherin's throat? Yes, yes he was," She said bitterly as she turned around and laid on her back instead, letting her head sink into the pillow as she pushed her hair off her face.

"At least you two are over now," Tonks said softly, "You two are over, right?" She suddenly asked when she didn't receive a reaction from the Gryffindor.

"Yeah, we are," Ophelia breathed out, nodding her head ever so slightly, "But it's still embarrassing, you know? Couldn't he have just broken up with me instead of cheating?"

"He's a dick, Lia," Eric spoke up, "Don't waste your time thinking about him."

"How can I not think about it?" She asked, her voice rising slightly, "The whole bloody school probably knows. I'm going to be the laughing stock for the next two and a half years."

"No one is going to remember it for that long, Lia," Tonks reassured her. It was true, most students forget about any new gossip after at least a week, especially when they would find something even juicer to talk about.

"Exactly," Eric nodded encouragingly, "So, why don't you get on up, turn that frown upside down and show him what he's missing on."

Ophelia let her bright green eyes fall onto her two best friends, she couldn't help but smile at them as they looked at her with reassuring smiles, "Okay," She breathed out, nodding her head as she sat up, "Let's show him what he's missing on."