19. SIGNS

| CHAPTER NINETEEN |

SIGNS.

"I LIKE THE BLUE," CHARLIE whispered to Ophelia. The pair were (unfortunately) sitting besides each other in Herbology this year again, something if you told Ophelia during the train journey she would've been (secretly) ecstatic about, yet, now, it made her feel annoyed. 

"Thanks," She muttered back bitterly, keeping her eyes focused on the worksheet in front of her. Over the last few days, her hair had completely turned blue. Luckily, for the metamorphmagus, only Tonks, Eric and her parents knew what the colours actually meant. So, no one in the school could use them against her, and so she didn't look like a walking mood ring. 

Sure, she couldn't be angry at Charlie. After all, they weren't together and he was more than free to finally find someone he cared for. But, she certainly couldn't deny the pain in her chest whenever she saw him sitting with that brunette (who she finally learned the name of; Jessica Baker). It saddened her that it took her almost six years to finally realise the person she should be with was right under her nose. How could she have been so stupid? All the signs were right there and she was too dumb to see them until it was finally too late.

Charlie nudging her elbow grabbed her attention again, she blinked profusely as she looked around and spotted the rest of the students already making their way out of the classroom, "You alright there, Lia?" He asked softly, watching her with worried eyes.

Ophelia quickly nodded her head, shovelling her books, parchment and quill back into her bag, "Y-Yeah," She told him, refusing to look at his eyes, knowing very well that more pain would surge through her body if she made eye contact with him, "I'm just tired. See you later," Ophelia said in a rushed voice. 

Without hesitation, she hoisted her bag up onto her shoulder and rushed away from ginger haired boy, leaving him watching her with a puzzled and concerned look on his face. He had noticed slight changes in her mood lately, but couldn't put his finger on it. He just hoped that she was okay.

Ophelia let out a sigh of relief when she noticed both Tonks and Eric standing outside the classroom, waiting for the blue haired girl to finally come out.

"Took you long enough," Eric teased as soon as his eyes landed on Ophelia as she rushed towards them.

"Just taking my time," Ophelia brushed off as the trio began walking away from the greenhouse and back towards the school.

"How was it?" Tonks asked cautiously, smiling comfortingly at her best friend.

Ophelia let out a sigh, "It was fine," She was quick to brush off the concern from her friends, "Usual Herbology lesson, am I right?" Ophelia let out a clearly forced chuckle.

Tonks bit her lip and glanced towards Eric, the pair sharing a look of sadness for their friend. They felt helpless. They couldn't take away the memory of seeing Charlie with Jessica from Ophelia's mind (well, technically, they could, but they certainly weren't going to mess with their friend's head like that), all they could do was just be there for the girl, and so, forgetting their little plan of trying to get her and Charlie (the guy she was most definitely suppose to end up with in their opinion), they simply vowed to be there for her. To be there whenever she needed them, because that's what friends are for.