9. BADASS

| CHAPTER NINE |

BADASS.

WALKING INTO THE GREAT HALL for dinner that evening, Ophelia Scamander held her head high. Her pink hair had returned, the colour instantly making her feel ten times more confident as she walked in between Tonks and Eric. 

Eyes turned in their direction but none of them let it get to them. Especially not Ophelia. Her entire posture was oozing confidence as the trio walked over to the Gryffindor table, not giving anyone that was staring at them the time of day. 

As Ophelia went to sit down, her eyes instinctively snapped to the Ravenclaw table, where, much to her surprise, Hugo Greenwood was sitting, his arm draped over a Hufflepuff girl but his eyes focused purely on the pink haired girl. Smirking, popped her bubblegum before settling down in her seat, her green eyes never again wavering over to the blue table.

"That was so badass!" Eric exclaimed in an excited tone of voice, "Did you see his face?"

"Did you see Charlie's face?" Tonks asked, smirking at Ophelia, "He couldn't take his eyes off of you."

"You must be imagining things, Tonks," Ophelia said, dismissing her best friend's words as she began to pour herself some pumpkin juice.

In reality, Tonks wasn't imagining things. Charlie Weasley had practically been gawking at the pink haired girl from the second her foot stepped into the Great Hall. He was eating dinner with his older brother, when he suddenly got kicked in the shin. With an annoyed look, Charlie looked up at Bill, ready to kick him when the older boy nodded his head towards the entrance.

Confused, Charlie turned his head, his piercingly blue eyes widening when they landed on Ophelia Scamander. She was standing in between her two best friends, her head held high. Her pink locks seemed more vibrant than ever. Charlie had heard - just like everyone else in the school had - about her extremely recent break-up with the Ravenclaw boy and he couldn't stop thinking about her from the moment he got the news. No, not because he was going to instantly make a move on her, but because of how angry he felt towards Hugo. Not only did he let the best girl in all of Hogwarts go, but he cheated on her multiple times without any remorse. 

It pained Charlie to think of her being used like that. She was the sweetest person he had ever met and definitely didn't deserve the way that disgusting Ravenclaw treated her. So, seeing her standing there with her best friends by her side, her eyes shining brighter than they have done for the last few months, he couldn't help the warm feeling that spread through his chest.