21. FLOWERS

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

FLOWERS.

OPHELIA FELT LIKE SHE WAS finally getting over her silly crush on Charlie Weasley (even her hair colour went back to pink; however, it wasn't as vibrant as before, but at least it wasn't blue anymore). Well, she had hoped that she was; it was slightly easier seeing him in the halls and when she sat besides him in class she wasn't completely cold towards him. However, when Valentine's Day began approaching all those thoughts seemed to dissolve when she looked at the set of fresh flowers in a vase on her bedside table.

"You know, I haven't seen him with that Jessica lately," Eric commented as the trio walked into the Great Hall (which was decorated in over the top Valentine decorations, love hearts hanging in every crevice of the room, the ceiling was bewitched to show a gorgeous pink sunrise, cupids were flying around and the majority of the students seemed to be sitting with their partner rather than their friends or housemates).

"That's nice, I suppose," Ophelia commented as she took her seat besides Tonks with Eric sitting opposite them, she was doing her best not to show the smile that threatened to appear across her lips. Maybe she wasn't as over him as she thought.

"He sent you flowers again, didn't he?" Tonks asked, smirking at her best friends.

Ophelia bit her lip as she piled on some blueberry pancakes onto her empty plate, "Potentially."

Tonks and Eric shared an amused look, the lilac haired girl nudged Ophelia's knee with her own, "I can't wait till your wedding," She sighed dramatically.

Ophelia began choking on her pancake, her eyes wide as she coughed and hit her chest, trying to clear her airways.

"Don't kill her before we get to be bridesmaids," Eric chuckled as Tonks slammed her hand against the pink haired girl's back, hoping to help the pancake bite become dislodged, which it most certainly did help with.

Ophelia grabbed the goblet of pumpkin juice and almost downed the whole thing, trying to soothe her pained throat. She wiped the tears from her eyes (ones that were caused by the coughing fit) before she finally looked up and glared at her best friends, "I hate you both."

Tonks chuckled and reached over, pressing a quick kiss on Ophelia's cheek, "We love you too."

Ophelia rolled her eyes before speaking up, hoping to move the conversation from her obvious crush onto literally anything else, "So, Three Broomsticks might be emptier than usual today, with everyone else going over to Madam Puddifoot's for their dates."

"Actually..." Eric began, he kept his eyes down on his plate, using his fork to stab his waffles, "I don't think I'll be joining you two."

Ophelia and Tonks shared a befuddled look with one another, the trio usually spend Valentine's together even when they were in relationships they'd find ways of getting together even if just for a few hours, "And why is that?" Tonks asked, raising an eyebrow.

Eric shrugged nonchalantly, "I've got detention."

Ophelia observed the boy in front of her before she smirked, clearly not believing his statement, "Who's the lucky guy?"

Eric sighed and dropped his fork onto his plate, "No one."

"Eric," Tonks sent him a pointed look.

"Okay he's a Slytherin in the year above," The boy finally gave in, "It's nothing serious which is why I didn't tell you two."

"Well, you better tell us everything when you get back," The pink haired girl grinned, ecstatic to see one of her best friends looking so happy to be going out on a date. The sparkle in his eyes showed that even though the relationship might not be serious or official, it definitely meant something to me.

"Oh, you know I will."