20. DOOMED TO BE ALONE

| CHAPTER TWENTY |

DOOMED TO BE ALONE.

"WAS HUGO REALLY THAT BAD?"

Both Tonks and Eric stopped their conversation and looked towards Ophelia, their eyes wide and obviously annoyed looks on their faces.

"He was the baddest of the bad, Lia," Tonks told her best friend, placing her hand on Ophelia's shoulder to move her attention off her ex-boyfriend.

Eric nodded frantically, "The worst," He said, sending her a pointed look.

Ophelia let out a frustrated sigh. Of course she knew Hugo Greenwood wasn't a good person. He had lied to her countless of times, forgot her birthday, forced her to spend their first – and luckily last – Valentine's Day with his weird and extremely misogynistic friends and not to mention the bloody cheating. But he was also her first real boyfriend and even though she didn't actually miss him, she definitely missed being around someone that meant so much to her...someone like Charlie Weasley.

"Maybe I'm just doomed to be alone," The blue haired girl sighed, using her fork to play with the food on her plate; she had lost her appetite when Charlie and Jessica entered the Great Hall, "Or doomed to be in a loveless relationship."

"Don't you dare say that," Eric told her, flinging some peas at her.

Tonks nodded, smiling comfortingly, "You're sixteen. You're going to find love someday."

"And if you don't, then we three can live together in a cottage with a hundred cats," Eric grinned, causing Tonks to laugh lightly as Ophelia let a smile finally grace her features.

"Make that a hundred Kneazles and I'm in," Ophelia grinned. She had never felt more grateful for her two best friends than the last few months. They had been there for her anytime she felt like crying over 'a stupid boy that didn't deserve her attention' (Eric's words) and even though she didn't agree with that – she thought Charlie was incredibly smart; his grades backed up her claims, but she also thought he deserved her attention after all those years of sending her flowers – she couldn't deny that being with the pair put a smile on her face (even when she didn't want one). 

Eric grinned mischievously, thrusting his hand out, "Deal."