7. YOU'RE BUTTERING THAT BAGEL JUST FINE

| CHAPTER SEVEN |

YOU'RE BUTTERING THAT BAGEL JUST FINE.

OPHELIA SCAMANDER HATED DRAMA, SO being right in the middle of some made her feel more than uncomfortable. The Gryffindor metamorphmagus was getting stared at by almost every student wherever she went. Some of them looked at her with pity, others with annoyance whilst some just stared at her blankly, but it was all finally getting to her.

"I can't do this anymore," The pink haired girl suddenly announced, throwing the knife she was buttering her bagel with down.

Eric and Tonks (who usually joined the lions table for breakfast) looked up at their best friend, their tired and puzzled eyes inspecting the annoyed expression painted on her face. She wasn't even tired from the lack of sleep she got the night before, the adrenaline seemed to pump through her body, waking her up more than coffee ever could.

"Don't say that," Eric told her, smiling encouragingly, "You're buttering that bagel just fine."

Ophelia tore her eyes from the Ravenclaw table to look at her male best friend, a mixture of amusement and annoyance seeping into her green eyes, "I meant the whole rumour shit," She clarified, gesturing to the Ravenclaw table as they all watched her like a hawk, "You know, the whole Hugo-situation."

"Wait, so does this mean you're breaking up with him?" The lilac haired girl asked, her chocolate brown eyes open wide, "Like actually breaking up with him?"

Ophelia sighed, "I suppose so," She said, her voice quiet as the realisation of what she needed to do - and wanted to do - came into the spotlight.

"So this means you can finally get together with Charlie and then get married and live happily ever after," Tonks said in a dreamy voice as Eric and Ophelia both looked at her in complete and utter shock, "What now?" The pink haired girl asked as she raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

Tonks grinned, looking between the pair, "Oh, come off it. The chemistry between you two is just insane, right Eric?" She asked focusing the attention on the dark skinned male.

He was mid-bite of his pancakes but that didn't seem to stop him, "Yeah-verycutetogether."

"Maybe eat your food first," Tonks suggested, nudging his knee with hers.

Eric chewed the pancake faster than he had ever eaten anything before, "You two would look very cute together," He finally said, "And Tonks is right..." He pointed his fork at the lilac haired girl, "The chemistry between you two is off the charts."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "No it isn't, and even if it was, I'm not just going to date someone new straight after I break up with Hugo. I'm not that desperate to be with someone."

"Desperate enough to date Hugo Greenwood though," Eric muttered under his breath, however both girls heard. Tonks whacked his arm whilst Ophelia let out a offended gasp, "He was nicer before we started dating, I'll have you know," The pink haired girl said.

"I know, Lia," Tonks said, smiling comfortingly at her best friend, "So, when are you going to do it?"

"Ooo, and how?"

Ophelia let her eyes wander back over to the Ravenclaw table. Most of the students that were still seated were glancing over at her, before whispering something to their friends. Trying her best to ignore that, Ophelia began to look for the familiar brunette boy, a frown settling on her face when she couldn't spot him, "Well, I would've done it now but he's not here," She finally told her friends, her eyes now looking around the other tables to find him.

"Where could he be?" Tonks asked rhetorically as she too began to look around the Great Hall for him.

"Probably in the Ravenclaw common room, having his d--" Eric stopped his sentence right there due to the glares he began to receive from the two females, "Or in the library?" He suggested, smiling innocently.

Ophelia examined the room yet again, her eyes never once finding her so called boyfriend, instead, they suddenly landed on a set of piercing blue eyes that belonged to a certain redhead Gryffindor. She sent him a small smile as a greeting before looking away almost instantly, completely discarding the warm feeling that spread through her chest. 

What she didn't know was that Charlie's eyes were still locked on her. Inspecting every feature of her face that he could make out from such a distance. Her pink hair that sat just above her shoulders with some side swept bangs that he wanted nothing more but to push away from her gorgeously green eyes. Her skin was porcelain, contrasting with the pink colour that dusted her cheeks ever so carefully. Her bottom lip was embedded right in between her teeth as her eyes worked their way throughout the room, never stopping on anyone for too long. She was so beautiful in his eyes, so naturally beautiful and he could never get enough of her; but he knew he had to, so, after what felt like time stopping, he tore his eyes away from her, letting them fall back onto his unfinished cereal which by now, was most likely too soggy. 

"I don't know where he is..." Ophelia muttered, looking at her best friends with a look of determination, "But I'm going to find him and I'm going to do this. Today."