6. ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!

| CHAPTER SIX |

ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!

OPHELIA SCAMANDER, CHARLIE WEASLEY AND Hugo Greenwood sat in dead silence in McGonagall's office. The Head of Gryffindor was sitting at her desk, marking the Transfiguration homework she collected earlier that day. She would glance up every few minutes, looking at the trio through her thin, round glasses.

Ophelia kept her head down as she cleaned cauldrons. Each of the students had their own individual task meaning they didn't have to even sit together. However, that didn't stop the trio from sending one another looks. Hugo would glare daggers at Charlie whilst the ginger haired boy just rolled his eyes at the Ravenclaw's behaviour. The pink haired girl scoffed anytime her so-called boyfriend tried to gain her attention, instead, she found her green eyes lingering on Charlie, sending him apologetic smiles as he returned them. 

"Okay, you three may leave now," Professor McGonagall's voice grabbed their attention and when the trio looked at her she sent them all a stern look, "I hope you've learnt your lesson. Now, off to your dormitories," She waved her hand dismissively.

Placing the rag Ophelia used to clean the cauldrons on the table, the pink haired girl grabbed her bag from the ground, sighing in relief when she finally stood up from the stool, cracking her back with a sigh of relief. 

Her eyes instinctively looked over at the boys, noticing that both of them were already making their way to the door, keeping a wide distance between one another. Taking in a deep breath, Ophelia finally worked up the courage to follow them, secretly hoping that Hugo would just go back to the Ravenclaw tower but instead, the brunette boy was waiting outside the door, his back leaning against the stone wall, his arms folded over his chest.

Charlie was already walking off, keeping his head down. As soon as the metamorphmagus stepped out into the corridor Hugo's arm found itself around her shoulder, practically forcing her closer to him, "What do you say we go down to the kitchens?" He suggested, licking his lips as he looked down at the shorter girl.

"Erm..." Ophelia found herself looking over to where Charlie was, seeing how far he seemed to have gotten away from them by now. Much to her surprise, the ginger haired boy suddenly turned around; almost as if he felt her eyes already on him, "I'm kind of tired," She finally said, looking back at the Ravenclaw.

Hugo's jaw visibly clenched, he wasn't oblivious to where Ophelia's bright green eyes were looking at just now and he certainly didn't miss the looks the two Gryffindors sent one another whilst in detention, "What in Merlin's name is going on with you and Weaselbee?"

"Nothing," Ophelia shrugged as she wrapped her arms around herself, "Why would you even ask that?"

"Are you cheating on me?!" Hugo suddenly asked, his voice rising.

Ophelia's eyes widened, "What? Of course I'm not!" She exploded, "I can't believe you would even think that."

Hugo scoffed, "Why would I believe you?" He inquired, folding his arms over his chest as his eyes burned with fury.

Ophelia shook her head, letting out  bitter laugh, "Are you being serious right now?" She tilted her head, "I'm your girlfriend. You know I wouldn't lie to you about this. Plus, you can't be oblivious to the rumours circling around school can you?"

Hugo's eyes widened ever so slightly and if the metamorphmagus wasn't paying as close attention as she was, she definitely would've missed it, "W-What rumours?"

"You and that what's-her-face brunette Ravenclaw in the broom closet."

"What, Sophie?"

"What are the pair of you still doing out here?" Professor McGonagall's voice suddenly called out as the Head of Gryffindor rushed to the corridor, her glasses in her hand as she looked between the couple, "Curfew's up in ten minutes. Move along."

"Ophelia..."

Ophelia didn't listen. She gripped her book bag tighter and turned around on her heels, not even wanting to look back at the Ravenclaw as she made her way down the long corridors, her thoughts more muddled up than ever before.