|| May The Best One Shoot More Shots ||

River Lee's View;

River Lee's View;

Today we had the game against Varsity. I didn't know how to feel about it considering i was going to play against Rick and Rhett. I didn't even know he was moved from Basketball to Varsity Hockey.

It doesn't sit right with me and i feel like something is up. I know how viscous my dad could get and i wasn't expected any less. He once gave 5 scholarships to some kids and he took it away the next day because they were talking in one class.

I thought he did the right thing and i would admire everything he did. But that was before i noticed i'm not as Stuck up like my family. I realized he wasn't shit. He's my dad and all but he's bitchy and moody.

We were all on the ice warming up.

"We got this, Ellie. We may end up being disowned but it's all worth it. We can just run away to my grandparents." She laughed nodding.

"I'm pretty sure we will beat them!" She said.

"Definitely. Rick and Rhett are assholes!"

"So is Scooter." We laughed.

"Fasten your seatbelts and hold on to your hats everyone! Oh, do we have a special showdown for you! David and Goliath in a titanic grudge match. The winner can truly say that he is a symbol of Eden Hall. Tonight the Eden Hall Varsity Warriors do battle with the Eden Hall Freshman Ducks. That's right folks! Look at those uniforms, the sign of the Duck is here at Eden Hall for at least one night!"

"We even got Riley 55 and Whyte 62 as part of the Ducks! We would of never seen that coming. Is this the beginning of a difficult game? We for sure know they aren't full Warriors but half Ducks as well."

We all began to skate in a circle.

"This is for Hans." Charlie said. Me and Eliana nodded going along with it. We didn't know who that was but if they said it than it must be someone important.

"It appears they are paying homage to their departed friend and mentor friend, Hans. A Norwegian symbol of respect."

We finished and skated to Orion.

"Alright, let's go hunting for goose eggs! Come on,hands in, on three. Quack!" We counted to three and quacked. Me and Eliana didn't. The whole team looked at us.

"We understand we are part of the ducks now but never in a million years will we quack!" Eliana said. I nodded in agreement.

"We'll get there one day." Orion said chuckling.

"Go Ducks!" We all went to our positions. Me and Eliana stayed back. The game began.

"The puck dropped and here we go! Oh, Varsity comes out hard!" The reporter said. Rick pushed Adam on the ice taking control of the puck. He went skating making sure to drop some of us, he made it by the goal and scored.

"Ooh! Big save by Julie the Cat! At this rate, it's going to take a miracle for the Ducks to hang on."

"Get off of me!" Julie complained. Varsity was picking on her. The referee blew his whistle.

"Fulton, change it!" Fulton went in.

"Go Julie!" Connie cheered her on.

"You got this, fuckhead!" I yelled. Connie looked at me confused.

"I don't know how to feel." She laughed nodding.

They placed the puck. Now it was Charlie and Cole. The referee dropped the puck and Charlie was dropped. They start skating and Cole tried to aim for Charlie. He missed and rammed into the boards.

"Eliana, Whyte! Change it!" Orion said. We nodded and hopped in. We skated to Guy, Julie and Charlie.

"Way to hang tough." Charlie said.

"These guys keep charging, What are we going to do here?" Guy sounded worried.

"We got to stand up to them, play a little defense. Alright, let's go!" I was about to skate away before Charlie stopped me by grabbing my arm. I turned to him.

"You and Eliana have to help play defenseman."

"We will do whatever we want. We'll win this, not for you but for the other duckies. But i'll probably make more goals than you." I began to skate away. He chuckled.

"We'll see about that. May the best one shoot more shots." We nodded before going to our positions.

I went to Center facing Rick. We went to position ourselves.

"Would you look at that! Thought you hated the duckies."

"Shut the fuck up. Thought you weren't a lying bitch."

"Whatever." The puck dropped and we began to fight for the puck.

"Would you look at that! Big and Baby Riley going at it at the face off! Although they both have incredible force and determination when fighting for a face off, will we know which one of them really is the greater one?"

I won the face off skating for Varsity's Goal. Rhett tried to hook me but instead got shoved in the boards by Eliana. I began to skate further, Rick hot on my tail, he was catching on.

So, i passed the puck to Eliana who was clear. I turned to Rick who was next to me. I shoved him making him shove me back. With Every shove i kept getting pushed further to the left side of the rink but always came back to shove Rick even more.

I was going for another shove before i heard the buzzer. I turned and saw Eliana had scored. I shoved Rick before going over to Eliana.

We cheered, moving our sticks in the air making them hit at each end. It was our own little thing.

"Wow! Whyte, 62 made an astonishing goal bringing one more point for the Ducks! Here, we see Whyte 62 and Riley 55 doing their traditional goal celebration. They've been doing this for years making it a tradition for them and a sight for us!"

We did the face off again. This time, Varsity won control of the puck. Eliana and I were back on the bench.

"Clear the puck! Come on! Get with it defense!" Julie shouted.

"It's Goldberg, Germaine and Averman. Everyone's getting on the act now! They're clearing out the garbage in front of the net. Huge save!"

Charlie got the rebound and skated to Varsity.

"Second shot on the Varsity Goalie! Save! Ah, he came up big."

The buzzer went off indicating the end of the first quarter going to the second one.

"I don't know if we're in deep shit or deep deep shit." Eliana nodded.

"Deep Deep shit."

July 4. I hate this holiday, why is it a holiday?