chance (8)

Jungkook P.O.V

The next day i decided to just stay in jin and yoongi hyungs dorm at least until tae and jimin hyung come back. After a long night and lot of thinking, i came to a conclusion. I'll be honest with my feelings and give it a chance... give love another chance..

As far as i know he's never been in a relationship and never talked about any crushes or interests, which makes me somewhat relieved. But I'm afraid, afraid that he won't like me back, afraid that he might end up hating me and break our friendship. And what if-

ring ring ring~

My phone rang interrupting my thoughts. I look at the ID, suprised as it's the person i just thinking about.

"heyyy jungkookieeee~" he greeted in a playful tone.

His voice was so soft and calming, it felt like music to my ears. It's crazy how happy a person can make you just with their voice.

"hellloooooo you there kook?"

"ah yes I'm here s-sorry i just spaced out," dammit i stuttered.

"oh it's fine, i just wanted to let you know that me and tae are back. Jin hyung told us you slept over their dorm,"

"yeah he kinda blackmailed with his cooking," i replied as we both let out little giggle. "anyways I'll be there soon," i was feeling excited to see him again. It feels like its been forever since i last saw him.

"alright see you in a bit then," and with that he hanged up.

I thanked jin and yoongi hyung for letting me stay over and grabbed my shoes with a smile plastered on my face.

"so have you thought about what i said?" i looked up from tieing my shoes to find jin hyung walking towards me, of course i understood straight away what he meant.

"i have and I'm giving it a chance," i gave him an assuring nod.

"good to hear that," he said, sounding satisfied. After i finish tieing my shoes, i gave him a little bow even though i know i didn't have to and started walking out.

"And jungkook-shii!" he called making me look back, "Fighting!"

~~~~~~

I walked back into the dorm to find a tired tae slouching on the couch in front of the TV but no sign of jimin hyung. One thing that has been in my mind is that why was taehyung's parents looking after jimin hyung, what could have happened to his real parents? He never talked about his parents before but no one asked since they didn't want to force it on him or anything.

"welcome back, how was your trip?" i asked seeming how exhausted he looked.

"oh it was really good, just that jimin was dragging me around to few places before we came here. I swear to god that guy has more energy than a child," he shook his head in disbelief which made me chuckle knowing how much of a kid jimin hyung is at heart.

" where is he right now, i thought you both came back?"

"oh he's in the kitchen putting away some groceries we bought on the way... if your going to the kitchen then can you please get me a coke from the fridge?"

Jungkook nodded and headed towards the kitchen. Jimin was taking some things out of a bag when suddenly he felt hands wrap around his waist. He put the jar he was holding on the counter and took a glance at the hands around his waist, knowing exactly who those hands belong to. "j-jungkook"

"welcome back hyung did you have a good trip? " jungkook cheerfully asked, resting his chin on jimin's right shoulder. Jimin could feel a rush of heat in his cheeks and his heart rate going up at the sudden contact. Oh my poor heart jimin thought.

"y-yeah, um we'll talk about it over dinner," jimin gently touched jk's hands to remove it from his waist but also feeling a spark at the touch. He took few steps away from jungkook, looking away at a different direction trying to hide his flustered face. Jimin didn't want jungkook to hear his heart that was beating at an unstoppable pace.

Jungkook started to think he might have made it awkward and uncomfortable for jimin, so he walked to the fridge and grabbed a can of coke. He looked back at jimin and spoke breaking the silence, "um tae wanted me to take him a coke. I-i'll be in my room call me if you need any help with dinner.."

As soon as jungkook was out of sight jimin felt his knee giving out, using one of his hands to lean on the counter for support, He let out a heavy breath he didn't know he was holding.

"aishhh just how fast are you planning on my making my heart beat..."

_______________________________________

Thnx for getting this far guys 🥺🤧😭💜💜 i really appreciate it 🥺💕✨