The Tomlinson's

Song for this chapter: Play God by Sam Fender. Don't forget to Comment and Vote! Hope you all enjoy.

Doncaster's finest family, the Tomlinson's, are known for their wealth, power and respect

At the top of the hierarchy there's no room for mistake from a single member of the family. One slip up could have a detrimental effect on their name. Or so Mark Tomlinson thought.

It was in his mind that his children should be brought up the way he was, and the way their grandfather was, and the way their great grandfather was; and so on. The rules and ways of life he brainwashed into his own kin at their young ages were the exact same he had been taught himself.

"Sit up Louis, a Tomlinson doesn't slouch like those beneath him"

"Don't mumble Louis, you must speak clearly"

"One day you will continue the Tomlinson name with your own family. You'll never impress fine women unless you man up"

"Yes father" the young boy would reply, eager to impress the man he looked up to.

His children knew the family history. How for centuries the Tomlinson name had topped all others with their elegance, dominance and charm. They were terrified of being the first to disgrace their name.

And so they took to the rules and standards willingly.

They worked harder than any other child their age, pushing themselves in their education. They learned the ways of poise and etiquette, how to charm others into getting their own way no matter what. They learned basic ways of life from their parents, how to sit, how to eat, how to speak. But they also had everything handed to them on a silver platter, which over time spoiled them as decent human beings.

They took everything for granted. They never truly cared about those around them, or those they considered 'friends'.

"Friendships are pointless, children, you can't trust anybody. But relationships are purely destructive. A Tomlinson doesn't have time for silly love stories. It'll ruin you"

They didn't have friends. They had puppets. Followers. People that admired them, wanted to be like them. The Tomlinson's have connections that could boost your rankings in society; and they could just as easily knock you down.

Mark prioritised his eldest son, Louis Tomlinson, above all his children. Louis was to continue their name, become the man of the house, and so he pushed him to do better on a daily basis. However his son didn't quite know the extent of what it meant to be a Tomlinson, and Mark promised himself he wouldn't let him find out about the darkness attached to the Tomlinson name until Louis was ready to take over.

Louis often thought about what it would be like to be a part of a normal family; what he could do if he was a normal child. But he dismissed his thoughts quickly each time. He had no time for dreaming of things that would never happen. He had a reputation to uphold and he was going to make sure he did that.

And as he was nearing his first year at the most prestigious boarding school in all of England, he needed to be prepared. He had to make sure he looked his best, acted accordingly to his fathers rules and most of all, not let anyone below him get the upper hand.

He didn't know how difficult that would turn out to be. And he sure as hell wasn't prepared to meet Harry Edward Styles.

——————————————
Author notes:

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Don't worry, they get longer as the story goes on.

Please comment and vote! Means the world to me x