Self defence

Song: The Big Bang, Rock Mafia

The main sports hall was packed with students, ready for their first lesson in self defence. All PE groups were combined into one, the girls taking one side of the room and the boys the other, as their teachers prepared for the lesson along with the team working with them.

Liam and Zayn were bubbling with excitement, had been the whole week leading up to it, and they were desperate to get the lesson started. Louis on the other hand didn't share the same feelings.

Back home in the manor, his father had a specific room with all the gym equipment you could think of; weights, treadmills, dumbbells, exercise matts, bicycles, the lot. But the boxing section was his fathers favourite, and he had always tried to interest Louis in it.

For a few months Louis would have to spend two hours once every few days training, wether that be boxing in the ring, martial arts or karate, but he never took joy in it and eventually his father stopped pushing him. He couldn't deny that it had its benefits though, and there was a reason why he won that fight against Jake.

"Cheer up Tommo, you might actually enjoy this" Liam said enthusiastically, shaking Louis by his shoulders with a wide smile.

"I'd rather be playing football" Louis replied bitterly, shoving Liams hands away from himself.

"Well you can't, so you may as well suck it up and have a laugh. No point sulking when you're not getting out of this" Liam said with raised eyebrows, staring him in the eyes.

"But self defence is boring" Louis whined, "Fighting is only fun when you want it"

"Want me to piss you off? Then you might wanna fight" Zayn asked jokingly, pretending to scowl at the boy.

"Don't bother, I can get pissed off just by looking over your shoulder" Louis nodded in the direction behind Zayn, where Harry was play fighting with Niall as they laughed, the brunette holding the blonde around his neck.

Zayn looked over his shoulder for a moment, as did Liam, before the two turned back to Louis with bored looks on their faces. "What did I say about ignoring him?" Liam said.

"I can't help it. Anywhere I look he's just- there" Louis gestured over in Harry's direction.

"It's probably worse lately because you're not on speaking terms or some shit. Maybe you're just unconsciously searching for him because you've grown used to the arguing" Zayn shrugged, walking around Louis and turning him to face the opposite direction as they swapped places; no longer looking at Harry .

"I'm not searching for him" Louis scoffed. "It's just weird not having anyone to argue with, like you said"

"Alright" he turned away from Louis "what's something Harry would say?" Zayn whispered to Liam, covering his mouth besides the boys ear.