Bruised

Song: I'm still standing by Elton John

⚠️Slight trigger warning: mentions of violence/abuse, however there isn't much detail.

It was the first time in the last week that Harry had managed to start off his day with his usual schedule; waking up at six in the morning for a twenty minute session of meditation, his calming music playing in the background, followed by a shower and an extensive skin care routine. He finally had the effort to style his hair into a messy quiff, though he wouldn't pride himself on his hair styling abilities, and decided on wearing a white and grey tartan style suit, a change from his hoodies and sweats he had been wearing constantly.

He couldn't bring himself to admit that the excitement he felt bubbling in his stomach and his new found energy had any relation to Louis returning to school. He knew of course, it was there in the back of his head, he just chose to ignore it.

The day came with it's negatives. Even with his bubbly attitude it felt like it was dragging, like someone had slowed time and his lessons were two hours longer than the usual 50 minutes.

He couldn't stop the tapping of his foot or his fidgeting body, changing his seating positions over and over again throughout the lessons, leaning forward, leaning back, crossing one leg then crossing the other. Slouching, then sitting up again, going through phases of hard work and concentration to distance and and a blurry mind. He couldn't wait to get back to his dorm room, where hopefully he'd find what he had subconsciously missed.

It was nearing the end of the lesson and Harry was restless. He clicked his pen a few times before putting it down again, grabbing his bottle of water to take a sip. He picked his pen up again and scribbled a few times randomly on his page before putting the pen in his pencil case. He flicked through a few pages of his textbook before returning back to the original page, and leaned back in his chair before leaning forward again.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Liam staring at him. During the week Louis was gone Harry had opted to spend his lessons with him, on the days he chose to show up, and the two along with Niall and Zayn had become fast friends. "What?" Harry asked as he turned to face Liam.

Liam quirked a brow and the corners of his lips twitched up, "You look like you've got ants in your pants mate"

Harry pursed his lips and scratched his jaw, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sitting perfectly still" he quipped with a nod of his head.

"Yeah, right" Liam grinned, checking his watch. "I know Louis has probably arrived by now, but you don't need to make it so obvious that you know that too"

Harry raised a brow and clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "Louis' arrived?"

"Ha ha, very funny" Liam said with a bored yet amused tone, "If anyone's keeping tabs on the time since he left and the time he's due to arrive it's you"